~Chapter 11: Month Later~

***Peeta***

               It's been a great time with Clarisse. At first she hated Katniss but now she calls her mom. We are trying to adopt her. We signed some papers and she will officially be our child in about one month. Katniss will already have had the baby. Whenever we talk about the name Katniss says it will be my name if it's a boy. I told her if it's a girl it will be Katniss. She says yes but I can tell in her face she has a name in mind. She'll eventually tell me. Katniss is in her last month of pregnancy. I want the child to be a boy because this house has three girls now and only me and Rye. If it's a girl I'll still love it to death. I just want it to be safe. So I don't care that much of the gender.

            Annie and Johanna threw Katniss a baby shower. It was for women and men since a lot of other male's wanted to come. Including me. Many people that weren't invited came. We tried to get them out. Some people just came back. The news even came! They interviewed Katniss. It was a disaster. Katniss laughed after the party was over. She thought it was all nonsense. She got mad after that.

      I am making eggs and bacon for the kids. Katniss wanted a pancake so I made her one. I just drank some juice and ate an apple. I'm not that hungry. I said, "I'm going to the bakery for a while. I'll come back two or three hours. Katniss stood up and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. She says, "Okay." The kids all say, "Ewww. Gross!" Clarisse giggles and I ask,  "What's funny?" She answers, "Rye and Willow." I look at them and they are making weird faces. I laugh and then say, "You guys should play outside after you eat. It's a sunny day." The kids all agree and Katniss too. Clarisse isn't that much of a kid though. She's seventeen. She's starting to look healthy. She's not that skinny and she's quite strong. She's not short but not tall. She sometimes acts like a child though.

         I leave to the bakery and after an hour or so Clarisse barges in.She's breathing loudly as if she ran here. I say, "What happened?" She shouts some gibberish. I say, "Calm down. Talk slowly and tell me what happened. She gulps and says with tears in her eyes, "We were playing tag and mom wanted to play...." This doesn't ound good. I say, "What happened?" She says, "W-willow tagged K-Katniss an- and she feel and screamed!" My eyes widen and I grab Clarisse and run home. I'm almost dragging her so I start to carry her. I run as fast as I can. That's when I see her.

           Katniss is laying on the floor screaming. She looks like she's in pain. Willow and Rye are crying. I put Clarisse down and run to Katniss. I knee besides her and say, "Katniss! Are you fine?" Katniss screams, "The baby!" She must have hurt the baby. I stand Katniss up. She almost fell but I caught her. I carry her in my arms. Katniss says in pain, "It hurts Peeta! Take me to the......hospital. Please, help me." She starts crying and screams every time she feels a big pain in her body. I feel tears run down my face. I call everybody I can, Haymitch, Plutarch, Beetee, Johanna, Annie, and Effie. I was about to call more people but an air plane lands on our yard. Katniss is screaming on the couch. The kids are besides her crying. I say to Clarisse, "Take care of the kids. Lock the doors and stay here. I'll send somebody to come for you. Just stay here."

         Clarisse nods and then I carry Katniss to the plane. She says, "Peeta.....don't let the baby...die." We never decided to see the gender.I regret it now. Katniss screams one final time. Her eyes close and I shout, "Katniss! Katniss!" Some doctors push me away and I see Mrs.Everdeen. She says to me, "What happened?" I say, "Willow was playing tag and she tagged her and she tripped!" Mrs.Everdeen starts to cry and says, "Not her!" She goes to Katniss and starts plugging in wires to her body. We kand a few minutes later. We rush into the hospital and I have to wait a few hours. Haymitch runs in and sits beside me. He says, "Have any news?" I say, "No." I don't feel anything. I feel dead. 

       I stare at the door. That's all I have been doing. Haymitch answers, "She'll be fine." I shout, "What if she's not! What if she dies Haymitch! We have kids you know! How am I going to take care of three kids without her help!" Haymitch says, "Three kids?" I shout, "Yes! It was a surprise but we are adopting Clarisse! Okay!" Haymitch says, "Calm down. There's still hope." I take deep breath. I feel better. Then comes the news! A lady with a microphone says, "What has happened to Katniss? Is she okay? Do you think she will survive? Will she loose the baby? What will you do?" I sit there. Speechless. Then I have a melt down. I shout, "I! Don't! Know!" The lady backs off as if frightened.

         Haymitch goes in front of the cameras and the ladyand says, "No video please! This is personal matters!" They leave and then a doctor opens the door and says, "One person may come inside to see her for six minutes only. I rush in as I see Plutarch and Johanna rush to Haymitch. The doctor points at Katniss' room and I run inside. Katniss is sleeping and she has so many wiress on her. I sit on her bed and cry. I say, "Don't leave me! Wake up! Wake up!" I kiss her on the lips and her eyes flutter open slowly. She says, "W-where am I?" I say, "In the hospital." She screams and says, "It hurts! My stomach hurts! My baby!" She's starting to sweat.

         I say, "Take deep breath." She's taking deep breath as a doctor walks in. The machine to her heart beat is slowing down. The doctor says to me, "I have news." I say, "Is it bad?" He says, "Sadly, yes." My eyes widen and Katniss' heart beas faster. The man says, "You will have to chose who lives. Katniss......or the baby?" I shout, "No! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!" Katniss is crying and she blurts, "Make the baby live!" I run to Katniss and say, "No! I want you to live......I want both of you to live." The doctor says, "That is impossible sir. We will operate her in an hour and a half. We expect a answer by then. The doctor leaves and I say to Katniss, "I don't want you to die." Katniss says, "I've had a wonderful life. Bad and good things. If it's my fault that another child dies....I will regret it. I have had a life. But this baby hasn't. If it means my death......then I approve." A lady walks in and says, "Times up. You may see her in forty minutes." I shout, "No! Just one more minute!" She says, "Sorry sir." Security had to come and take me. 

          Katniss screams, "I love you Peeta!" I say, "Me too!" Then they throw me out of the room. I fly onto the floor besides Johanna's feet. She says, "Security?" I mumble, "Yes." Annie helps me stand up and Beete helps me sit down. Effie barges in and says, "What happened?" Everybody looks at her. She spots me and says, "Sorry I didn't come sooner. I was at a party and it took me forever to get here." I burst in tears and everybody tries to help me calm down. Then Gale walks in the room.