~Chapter 19: Remembering Finnick~

[Annie’s POV]

 “Johanna? Hello?”

“Mom, where’s Jo?”

“I don’t know Finn, I don’t know,” I answer to my little boy. I close my eyes so I won’t think of Finnick and  then Little Finn says,

“Mom, why are you crying?”

“I-I was thinking of the past.”

“Of dad?”

I look at his eyes. They are exactly like Finnick’s. His skin, face, hair, an smile are his. I sigh an answer,

“Yes. I was thinking of him.”

     He pulls my arm and we sit down on Johanna’s black couch. He let’s go of my arm and looks at me with his shiny little eyes.

“Mom,” he says interrupting my thoughts. “How did dad look? I’m ready to know. I want to know. No, I need to know.”

      I haven’t told him anything about his Finnick. Johanna’s told him stories about him but I can’t. If I o I’ll cry. I’ll explode and cry.

“Not now Finn,” I say while standing up an wiping tears away. I can’t help but feel sad.

“Finnick, mom! I’m Finnick Odair! I will always be Finnick. I’m ready, an you should be too. Please just tell me about dad. I’ve been patient for a really long time.”

I sigh and say, “Fine.”

     I turn around to see his smile. I grin and he pats the spot next to him. I sit down on the spot he patted and his smile becomes wider. I look at him and his expression turns serious.

“Mom, how did dad look?”

I don’t say anything. I just look at him. “Mom, how did dad look,” he asks again.

I look at him and say trying hard not to cry, “He- yo- he looked exactly like you. You have his eyes, his tan skin, his cocky attitude, his messy hair, and you even have his beautiful smile.”

He smiles and says with shiny eyes, “Really?”

“Yes. Want to know a story.”

“Yes!”

“Okay. This is the story how your dad saved Peeta.”

His eyes widen as he says, “Uncle Peeta?”