~Chapter 25: I'm Back~

***Peeta***

"Where am I?"I look around and all I see is...well white walls. I look down at my feet. I'm dressed in a white suit? What is happening?

"Peeta? Is that you? You don't belong here."

"Hello? Who are you?"

Suddenly a little girl in a white dress appears. She gives me a warm smile and runs to me while her braid jumps up and down. The next thing I know she hugs me, and a tear runs down her face.

"Ummm...am I supposed to know you?"

She looks up and starts crying, more then she already is anyways.

"Peeta, it's Prim! Primrose Everdeen. Are you joking? That's not quite kind of you."

"Sorry, I'm not joking. They say I forgot all my memories, but slowly I'll remember them."

"Oh, okay. I just forgot that for a second. About that, I may be able to help you." She stands back and sits down with her legs crossed, and pats the floor in front of my feet.

I sit down slowly and stare into her shining eyes.

She opens her mouth and says, "This is a long story, but you have a lot of time I suppose. Anyways...There was a girl named Katniss Everdeen..."

"Yes I know her. She's supposed to be my wife."

"Yes, I know, okay so let me continue...Katniss was a happy child. The day her dad died though, she threw her childhood away. She went hunting for food to put on the table. She replaced our dad. And she did the best to show she didn't miss him, even though she did....," and that's how she continued.

She told me how we met, she told me about Gale, about the hunger games, about Haymitch, surviving, going back, about Annie, Johanna, Beete, Finnnick, the clock, President Snow, the escape with Plutarch, the ruins of district 12, my family, How she died, how we lived happily with our kids, how everything happened. And she's still going on.

It all sounded so horrible, so sad. Why did this happen? I'm shocked. I can't cry or shout or scream or say a word. How am I supposed to react?

That's when it clicked. It was all put together like a thousand piece puzzle. I remember everything. It's so much information and the memories keep coming. It needs to stop. It's giving me a headache. She keeps talking while the memories and thoughts keep coming. It's scaring me...why won't it stop.

I shut my eyes closed and start shaking. My life is all coming back and it's not at all what I want it to be. It's like a horrible story, but it's real.

"JUST STOP!!!"

I open my eyes to Annie. Her eyes are wide open in terror.

"I'm sorry Annie." I rub my temples and say, "The memories won't stop coming. I remember everything. It's just too much."

"It is, but it's real. And you shouldn't stop now. Go back to Katniss. You shouldn't be here."

She pauses and says, "Tell Katniss I love her, and to stop worrying about me and go to our house. She left something there. Take care of her! "

"What do you mean," I ask, but she's gone. It's all pitch black."

"Wake up Peeta!!!" I hear cries and screams.

"Katniss?"

I open my eyes and after my eyes are used to the light I see Katniss while she wipesd her nose. Her face is pale and she looks thin. She starts crying and laughs. She just starts laughing.