~Chapter 3: I Hate Missing Him~

• Dedicated to Rye Melark Everdeen

                                             ~Chapter 3: I Hate Missing Him~

***Katniss***

     I was going to hunt but I forgot Rye was here. I go to the closet and see my bow and arrow. I got it in district 13. It knows my voice. If I want to turn it off I say good night. It turns on by my voice again. . I touch the tip of the arrow, oh how I want to run in the woods with the air in my face. I put back the arrow and walk to the bathroom. I go to the bathroom and then I go to the kitchen and eat an apple. Rye has been sleeping for an awful lot. I walk to his bedroom and open the white door to his bedroom. I see a hunch under the blankets. It must be him. I say, "Rye, wake up. Want to play outside?

     I freeze right there, in the door way. I hear my heart bumping fast and loud. I breathe in and out rapidly. My eyes sting and I start to cry. I say, "Rye?" I run to his bed and pull the covers like if they were my enemies. I don't see Rye. I have the covers in my hands and I throw them to the wall. I shout and run around the house. I scream out, "Where are you Rye!!!" I say to myself, I am Katniss Everdeen. I killed Coin and stopped the games, Prim died, my mother is away helping others, I have two kids and another on board, and I need to find Rye!!! I shout, "Stop playing around Rye!!!" If Rye was playing he would have been laughing the whole time, so he is not playing around. I run outside to the front yard. I run around like crazy.

     Then I hear Peeta say "Katniss! Stop!" I keep running because I am scared ofwhat Peeta will say. I trip on something and start to fall. As I fall I see a big gray Rock. It's pointed and I know that if I fall on that, I loose my baby! I am scared. I was just about to hit the rock as Peeta slides in and catches me. He shouts as he caught me. That must have hurt! We get up and he says, "What happened? Didn't you see the gigantic rock!" I stupidly say, "No, I was busy looking for....." I shut up because I can't say it, I just can't! He says, "For what?" I can't say it. I feel tears coming forwards. He shouts out, "What happened Katniss!" I can't help it, I burst in tears. He hugs me.

     I say while crying in his arms, "I woke up and looked for Rye......but he wasn't their!!! So I went to look for him!" He says calmly, "Don't worry we will find him." We, as in us. Good. I can't look for him alone. One more second and I would have killed myself. We hug for  long time. Then when I calm down a bit he lets go and Willow runs into my arms. I hug her tightly. I need her at this moment. She says, "He is probably playing mom." I have a spark of hope inside of me. I stop crying and we walk inside. He tells me to calm down and to take a nap. I say, "But---" He cuts me off and says, "No Katniss, rest, for your own good.He always has something good to say, in good and in bad times. I love him. I say, "Okay." My voice sounds crackling. I hug him and then Willow and him go looking for Rye.

     Willow stayed quiet the whole time. She started to tear up as she walked outside. I say, "Peeta wait!" Peeta comes back as Willow walks outside. He says, "Wha-" I cut him off by a kiss. He kisses me back. I needed his warm gentle lips. We kiss for a while and then he says, "You love me, real or not real?" I whisper to him, "Real." He hugs me and he says, "Gets some rest. I will find Rye, don't worry." I say, "Okay." Then he walks to Willow. I try to sleep, I really do, but I can't. I have to look for Rye! I walk outside and I see a horrible sight................

                                                                  ~Update when I get 90 reads, 14 votes, and 13 comments. :)! No criticism plz!~