~Chapter 8: Birthday Party~

***Katniss**  

      A lot has happened since Peeta ran off without me explaining what happened. Me and Willow looked for him after Rye fell asleep and when 'Gale' left! It was until dark that we found him. We shouted his name and he shouted our names in return weakly. He was unconscious when we found him. It was hard for me to take him back. He's heavy. I asked our neighbor to help us. Mrs.Oliver, a lady from district three that moved here, helped us. She had to call her husband to help us too.

       She has two children but they all moved away because they are grown ups. I think Mrs. and Mr. Oliver are in their late fifties. We are all living more years since we killed President Snow. Nobody talks or misses him. His granddaughter was never found. Nobody could find her after Snow died. She just, disappeared. I think she got killed from all the gun shots from when District three came and killed many people. A bunch of people died.

       When we got Peeta home we called the doctor. He came even though it was later. He just told you he needed rest and some bandages. We got Peeta in bandages. I asked him when would Peeta awake and he just said that he will wake up normally. I wanted to say that didn't answer my question but he said bye and left. Rye and Willow asked me if Peeta was going to be okay and I said he would. The next day I woke up and made Willow and Rye breakfast. Peeta was still asleep. Then I took Willow to school. When I came back I made Rye take a nap because he didn't sleep well and he was grumpy.

       I fell asleep but I was awaken by somebody shouting. I realized it was Gale. I ran outside but stopped when I saw Peeta. He let me explain about me and Gale and forgave me. Then I talked to Gale and slammed the door in his face because I was angry at him. Rye was with us and he looked scared. But after a while he didn't care. Gale shouted a while, but then he left. It went like this almost every day. Gale didn't come anymore though. Peeta would rest and I would cook, go to the bakery a little bit, look after Peeta and the kids, make Rye take a nap, take Willow to school, and at the end of the day I would help Peeta with some of his chores around the house.

        Then one day Haymitch came. We talked about how Peeta got hurt when we found him. He tried to climb a tree. That got a laugh. Then Rye came out and told Haymitch his birthday was next week and asked me and Peeta if he was going to have a birthday party and we said yes, of course. Haymitch agreed to come and then we went to pick up Willow. I let Haymitch take the kids to a candy shop nearby. But I decided to check on Peeta. When I came home the house was ruined. Everything was thrown around. I heard Peeta and Gale......fighting. I went inside the room where Peeta and I sleep. Gale and Peeta were punching at each other. I pulled Gale and he told me he loved me. I slapped him and he slapped me back. Peeta got mad and punched him. I told Gale to go away. He looked kind of sorry but I couldn't believe he slapped me.

       I got ice for Peeta and kiss him. Then a while later I told him to sleep but he said he wasn't sleepy. I put him in bed and went to sleep. He put his arm under my head and I cuddled next to him like when we were in the Capitol and I got nightmares. I didn't want to tell Peeta that my mother called me earlier and she said she was very sick. I was worried. I told him the next day and we went to see her. Since Prim died she got sick several times. I told her to move in with us but she said she had to help others because it was her job. My mom got better after a while and I took her with me. She said she would stay only until after Rye's birthday. Rye seems happy about that.

        I start to send invitations. I send some to a few people. I says, "want it to be a small party. I let Willow bring Samantha . Rye insisted on bringing his three best friends, Blaze, Norris, and Charles. Willow didn't want to bring anybody else.Tomorrow is Rye's birthday.