Chapter 3. The Conversation

"Stealing candy, Mal? I'm so disappointed." The mistress of all evil, Maleficent, told her daughter. Mal, the daughter of Maleficent, pursed her before holding out the lollipop to her mother. "It was from a baby," Maleficent grinned before grabbing the lollipop. "That's my nasty little girl." She then spits on it before putting it under her armpit. Her violet-haired daughter's smirk fell off her face and she was in disbelief. "Give it back to the dreadful little creature." The horned mistress handed the candy to one of her henchmen and he walked over to hand it back. "Mom..." Mal groaned. My brother and I looked at each other before we looked back at the interaction between the mother and daughter. "It's the deets, Mal, that make the difference between mean and truly evil!" She waved to the baby and its mother as they passed by before turning back to Mal.

"When I was your age, I was cursing entire kingdoms." She noticed her daughter was mouthing what she was saying and she chuckled. "Walk with me." Maleficent wrapped her arm around Mal's shoulders and they walked off before she spoke. "See, I'm just trying to teach you the thing that counts, how to be me." She explained to her daughter. "I know that and I'll do better," Mal said. The six of us looked at each other then back at the other two and it was silent until the queen of evil spoke up. "Oh, there's news. I buried the lead." She cackled and pointed to us. "You seven have been chosen to go to a different school. In Auradon." We all screamed trying to run, well they did but I didn't since I'm sensitive to loud noises, but the bulky henchmen held us back. Mal held out her hand and stared back at her mother. "What?! I'm not going to some boarding school filled to the brim with prissy, pink princesses-" Mine and Mal's best friends cut her off by chiming in unison. "And perfect princes!" Mal glared at them and they both groaned. Jay, son of Jafar, looked disgusted. "Yeah and I don't do uniforms. Unless it's leather, you feel me?" He tried to high-five Carlos', the son of Cruella De Vil, hand but he walked up behind Mal. "I read somewhere they allow dogs in Auradon, Mom said they are rabid pack animals who eat boys who don't behave," Carlos said and Jay barked behind him making him jump. 

"If you can't seem to remember, my sister hates loud noises and too many people, where's the one place that has both of those combined." My older twin brother, Shawn, said and I looked down, biting my bottom lip. "Yeah, Mom, we're not going." Mal said, looking back at her. "Oh, you're thinking small, pumpkin. It's all about world domination." She licked her lips before looking at her henchmen. "Knuckleheads!" She yelled and started walking away. "Mal!" She sang before we followed her back to the Bargain castle. A few minutes, we were there.

Inside was all of our parents including my father. We both walked over and gave him a hug. He patted our heads and looked at the horned witch who was now sitting while filing her nails. "You will go. You will find the Fairy Godmother and you will bring me back her magic wand. Easy peasy." She winked. "What's in it for us?" Mal asked, her hand on her hip. "Matching thrones, hers-and-hers crowns." Maleficent shrugged. "Um, I- I think she meant us." I mumbled. "What did she say?" The queen of all evil asked my father and brother. "I think she meant the six of us." My brother said. She threw away her nail file and motioned her daughter over. She came over and leaned against the bannister. "It's all about you and me, baby. Do you enjoy watching innocent people suffer?" Mal smiled before answering. "Well, yeah, I mean, who doesn't..." Maleficent cut her off. "Well, then get me the wand and you & I can see all of that and so much more. With that wand and my scepter, I will be able to bend both good and evil to my will!" She shook her hands and my father scoffed. "Don't you mean our will?" He asked her. "Our will, our will." She snapped, making Mal look back at her. "And if you refuse, your grounded for the rest of your life, missy." She winked making Mal gasp. "What! Mom-" They did the glowing eye contest and Maleficent won as always. "Fine, whatever..." She sighed, going to sit on the stair. "I win." Maleficent looked at the sky. 

We turned back to our father who sighed. "Where did time go? I remember when you both were trying to figure out your power and your older brother got upset for almost burning down his room. Where did my little firecracker and little firefly go?" Hades, our father, said. "We're still here, daddy. Just grown up now and a little bit more stronger now. Well, not so much me." I said. "Hades, give her the gift!" Yzma said. "Oh yes, this is a present for you, my firefly. This here is a item from Cruella's adoption center. She saved this one for you since you loved it so much the last time we went." I covered my eyes and waited till he grabbed it. "Open them, Kay." He smiled and I opened them to see a fluffy little puppy!! "This is mine?! What's the gender?" I asked as my father placed it into my arms. "Little male since male dogs go better with female humans. But my little firebug, this is a special little dog. It's not just any little dog, it's a service dog. It will help you with things. Get medication, follow you, and be a good comfort animal." He said and I snuggled into his fur. "Gizmo." I giggled and smiled happily at him. "What is wrong with all of you, lunatics?!"