Chapter 19. Problems & Solutions

Previously on Enchanted Wishes...

"We need to do something, Ben," Audrey said and I nodded. "Your right, we do. This can't go on."

Now on Enchanted Wishes... (Ben's POV)

"So, she tried to talk to her parents but the video ended before she could?" I asked Fairy Godmother and she nodded. "Well, we have to find a way to contact Yzma for Yareli and Hades for the twins," I told her and she started writing that down. "Got it down." She told me back and I nodded. "You need to talk to Kaylin, Ben. I don't know what's happening, but she could be keeping a huge secret." Doug said and I sighed. "Your right, Doug. I'll speak with her as soon as I can. Even if it is during Family Day." I said and he nodded. "Oh my gosh, you're a genius, Ben!" Audrey said. "What do you mean? I just said I'll speak with her during Family Day." I raised an eyebrow. "No, listen. Hades is her biological parent that lives on the Isle, what is the one parent that can visit Auradon every 6 months-" I cut her off. "Wait, are you talking about we invite Persephone to Family Day? You are right, that's brilliant! Fairy Godmother-" She cut me off. "I'll write her down for the invite list. We should also invite Azma, Zim, and Zam for Yareli." Fairy Godmother said. "Who are they?" Nathan asked. "Azma is Yzma's mother and Zim & Zam are Yzma's nephews. They live in Inca, where Emperor Kuzco and his family live. So they'll be here by Family Day." I said and Fairy Godmother wrote that down. "Let's get this plan on the road."

Kaylin's POV

We were inside Jay and Carlos' dorm, standing around their table in the middle of the room. Mal had her spellbook and multiple maps out. "Okay, we all know what this looks like. So it'll be up on the dais under the beast's spell jar, and we'll be coming in from here. Kaylin, most likely with her family, will be in the very front. We all will be up on the balcony. Okay. Carlos?" Mal asked Carlos and we looked at him. "Okay, so I'll find our limo, so we can break the barrier, and, uh, get back on the island with the wand," Carlos said and Mal nodded. She turned to Evie. "Evie." She handed Evie a blue jar and Evie grabbed it. "You will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays and he'll be out like a light." Evie nodded and she looked at us three. "Shawn, Kaylin, your father said that your embers will light up. Just hold the embers together, say the spell inside your head, and we should be fine there." We both nodded. "Yareli, a potion. After Evie sprays the driver, sneaks this into his mouth and the guard's pockets. It looks like water so they'll be more likely to drink it." Mal explained and Yareli nodded. It went silent for a moment before I sat down and was looking for an anti-love potion. I was having second doubts about this whole stealing the wand idea. Dad said that he wouldn't be mad if I stayed in Auradon but what about me and Ben?

"Kay, is everything alright?" Shawn asked and I nodded. "I'm just looking for a spell. You know, for after... I don't... I've just been thinking, you know, when the villains finally do invade Auradon and begin to loot and kick everyone out of their castles and imprison their leaders and destroy all that is good and beautiful, Ben still being in love with me just seems a little extra... cruel." I explained and sighed, getting up before heading down to the kitchen. I got out the ingredients to make miniature brownies before starting to mix them. "Kaylin, I heard you come inside. Is everything alright?" Audrey asked, coming inside before shutting the door. "Uh, I'm just making some like pick-me-up brownies for Ben's coronation. Just in case he needs something to keep up his energy." I said, secretly covering the spellbook so she wouldn't see it. I sat up on the counter and she came over before putting a plate of cookies on the counter. "Understandable." She walked over to the microwave, heating some warm milk in a cup. "Audrey, do you believe that villains can be good? Like they can change?" I asked her and she did the horse lips. "My Grammy always persuaded me that villains are meant to stay evil and I always thought that until I met you and the others." She told me. 

"I just, I'm having a hard time believing if I should stay in Auradon," I said and felt my breath hitch in the back of my throat. "What do you mean? You seem like your fitting in really well. Everyone loves you." She grabbed the two cups and placed them on the counter. She dipped the cookie into the milk before taking a bite. "Well, I'm struggling in a few of my classes, I get distracted & almost have gotten detention, I try to understand it but the teachers think I'm a baby, and I don't know if I belong here." I felt tears going down my face and she noticed. She came over and grabbed onto my hands. "For one thing, I don't think your stupid or you are a baby. You are so mature for a girl my age, you get distracted but most of us do when we are struggling, and those teachers shouldn't be teaching. You are intelligent, you belong here in Auradon, everyone loves you including Ben who was worried about you earlier by the way, and you are thoughtful. Whoever is trying to make you feel bad should be ashamed." Audrey explained and I smiled before we hugged. "Thank you," I whispered. "Let's enjoy some cookies and milk, shall we?" I laughed and dipped a cookie before taking a bite. We both laughed, enjoying ourselves.

(A/N: Perfect coincidence that Chapter 20 is going to be 1,500 words while being Family Day, am I right? Also, yes I am posting this early so enjoy this chapter being early! See you guys on Friday for Family Day!)