Chapter 7. Meeting The Relatives

A Few Days Later (The VKs don't start school until like 4 days after)

Ben and Audrey were inside his father's office. He sat in the office chair while Audrey was close by a wall. After all, when he was to become king, he would inherit the office to make plans and such. Ben couldn't help but keep the conversation Kaylin and Yareli had in the back of his mind. Were the conditions of the Isle that horrible? Were his parents trying to kill everyone? "My parents are insane. Insane." Ben told his best friend whose arms were crossed as she leaned against the nearest wall. "They were trying to think of the safety for their kingdom." She reminded him and he groaned. "That's just it, Aud! They didn't once think about checking on the Isle, going to visit, or anything like that." He said and ran his hand through his hair. I went from talking about crushes to finding out the Isle is in a horrible state due to my parents. Wow, how did I end up with them? Ben pondered in the back of his mind. "I know you don't believe in what they did is right but your father was worried. Being a new dad, villains running around? A hero's worst nightmare." Audrey said and he shook his head. "I just wish they would've told me this, Audrey. That's the thing, I'm supposed to be the future king, how can I be a king if I don't know the conditions of every part of my kingdom? Is the Isle not a part of Auradon?" He said. "I guess you're right." Ben sat up straight when he saw the headmistress, the king of the sky, the king of the sea, the queen of the sea, and the queen of the sky. He bowed in the god's presence.

"Your graces, thank you for coming." He said and the queen of the sky gently smiled. "Now Benjamin, please don't bow. Thank you for inviting us to meet my brother's lovely children and their best friend." She said and her husband pulled out her seat before she sat down. "Your such a gentlemen." Lady Hera teased and Lord Zeus chuckled. "Only for you and our children, my dear." He kissed her cheek and she giggled. Lord Poseidon and Lady Amphitrite both sat down in their respectful seats. "I'm glad that you all could make it. It was unfortunate that you couldn't come when they got here but I am glad you are here today. As you may know, I invited your older brother's two children to come and I told them that you wanted to meet them. The daughter was trepidatious while the son was nervous, but they agreed. They will be here in a few minutes but I wanted to ask you some questions." Ben welcomed the four gods in. "What are the questions?" Lord Poseidon asked the young mortal. Ben cleared his throat before asking. "Um firstly, the daughter has a service dog and I wanted to ask if your brother or brother-in-law told you anything about that?" He asked. "I was not aware of this. After all, my husband and I agreed that we would only learn information about your nephews and nieces after they turned a certain age." Lady Hera said and Ben nodded. 

"According to Lord Hades, your niece might have something called PTSD and some anxiety disorder. Our counselor in Auradon would be happy to diagnose her if you could sign some papers." Ben said. "I would be happy to sign for my little niece. After all, I've always wanted to help out with my brother-in-law's kiddos ever since I heard about their mother being pregnant while I was pregnant with my little girl." Lady Amphitrite said, gleefully smiling. "Great to hear, I will let their father know." Ben was interrupted by a knock on the door. "That must be them. Dean, send them on in!" He called and the butler opened the door. Kaylin, Gizmo (Kaylin's service dog), Shawn, and Yareli walked inside before Dean shut the door. "Kaylin, Shawn, glad you could make it. Yareli, thanks for being here. I would like to introduce you to your relatives. These are your father's siblings and sister-in-law. Lady Hera, Lord Zeus, Lady Amphitrite, and Lord Poseidon, meet your brother's children and their best friend." Lady Hera stood up and walked over to her niece and nephew. "Hera, be careful." Lord Zeus said and she teared up, seeing the resemblance of her brother in them both. "Oh, come here you two. It's so so wonderful to meet you both. You both look so much like my not so little brother. Look at you." She wrapped them both in hugs. They both jumped in surprised before warming up and hugging their aunt back. "Hera, let me hug them as well." Lady Amphitrite said and gave them both a hug as well.

"So, my big brother had kids of his own, huh? Took him so long. Glad to finally meet you both, I'm one of your uncles, Poseidon. This is my stubborn brother and your other uncle, Zeus. I think you'll find that I'm very welcoming but protective over my family. However, this guy will take some getting used to." Lord Poseidon said, punching his younger brother's shoulder. "You weren't the guy who almost got one of his kids killed due to their brother being a spiteful brat." Lord Zeus spatted back and Kaylin covered her ears. Shawn noticed and pulled her closer. "Now, now you two. Remember what Prince Benjamin said." Lady Amphitrite scolded. "You both are so grown up. Tell me, let's go grab some lunch and get to know each other." Lady Hera wrapped her arm around both of them and followed her sister-in-law out of the room. The other three padded after them before the door was shut behind them. "That was successful, huh?" Ben told Audrey and she giggled. "You are so right, Benny. Your right."