Chapter 14: The Emotional Rollercoaster

I was sitting at a picnic bench, reading my book with Gizmo underneath my feet. The sun was shining through the trees and it was a nice, cool day. "Kaylin!" I heard someone yell and I looked up to see Ben coming over while smiling. "Oh, hey." I smiled and he sat down in front of me. "What are you reading?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "Mmmm, nothing important. What's up? You sounded frantic." I said, putting a bookmark on the page. "This is for you." He said, handing me a bouquet of roses. "Ben... this is so sweet." I sniffed them and they smelled fresh. I then noticed a hanging note and he smiled before nodding. I opened the letter and gasped. In cursive, some words said; 'Will you go on a date with me?' Two little checkboxes that said yes and no beside them. "Ben, what is this?" I asked, and he shrugged. "I want to take you on a date. You, me, no one else. I want to treat you like a boyfriend would treat his girlfriend. A gentleman." He said, reaching across the bench to put his hand over my slightly shaky hand. I grabbed a pen from my pocket before checking the 'yes' box. "That's your answer," I said and he smiled. "Great! See you at 3?" He asked before getting up. "What are you doing?" I asked, confused. "Gotta set it up!" He walked away and my eyes widened. "I need the girls' help!" I said and got up before rushing off to find the other girls.

For 20 minutes, I was searching until I finally found Mal talking to Nathan, Yareli sitting at the table, and Evie chatting to Doug. "There you are! I've been looking for you everywhere!" I said and the girls turned to me. I put my hands on their table and shook my head. "What's wrong?" Yareli asked. "Ben just asked me out on... a date!" I hissed, whispering. Nathan held out his hand and Doug put money into Nathan's hand. I looked at them and glared. "Nathan bet that Ben would ask you out on a date first while I said it would be you who ask him out," Doug explained and Nathan put the money into his wallet. "Back to the subject, we can handle this. Bye boys." Yareli said and they waved before we walked away back to the dorm room. 10 minutes later, I sat on Evie's bed fully dressed with accessories on while Evie was applying blush to my face. 

"Okay! Easy on the blush! I don't want to scare him away! Not that I could

"Okay! Easy on the blush! I don't want to scare him away! Not that I could..." I mumbled the ending. "Please. My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes." Evie said, putting the blush away before grabbing the coral-colored lipstick. She dabbed some onto her finger and put it onto my lips. "My mom was never really big on makeup tips. I never had a sister, only a twin brother." I said and Mal nodded. "Well, now you do. We're going to need all the family we can get If we don't pull this off. My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way. Just ask Snow White." Evie chuckled, sarcastically. "Are you afraid of her?" I asked. "Sometimes. Are you afraid of your dad?" She asked me. "I used to be, 'cause he used to get angry. But now, he's the best dad ever. I'm proud to call him my father." I said. "Moving on, come see," Yareli said and covered my eyes as I walked to the mirror. She pulled them away and I laughed exasperatedly. "I know." Evie smiled. "I look..." Mal groaned. "Say it." She told me. "Not hideous," I said. "Not even close," Yareli said and I giggled. There was a knock on the door and I walked over to open it. Ben widened his eyes while smiling.

"For the first time, I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful." I giggled and Ben held up a helmet. "I hope you like bikes." I grabbed the helmet and walked outside with Ben. I hopped on the back, he hopped on the front, I grabbed on, and we headed off.

(A/N: CLIFFHANGER! As you can tell, Gizmo is not going on the date so you have you wait until Monday to find out what will happen on their date!)