Chapter 22. The Coronation (Finale, pt 1)

(Imagine that the dress is the same style but it's the same color as Ben's suit. Did I mention that there is a surprise at the end of this chapter? You'll find out she & Shawn's biological mother since Persephone isn't. That's all you get.)

The day had finally arrived. Ben's coronation. The day that everyone in the kingdom was anticipating. My stepmother, Persephone, is staying in Auradon until after the party is over. I and others are super nervous. Our parents are relying on us to grab this wand and take it back over to them. But I am having so many doubts. What if I want to stay in Auradon and be with Ben? What if I want to not go back to the Isle to take over the world? It's what my father wants and he gets what he wants. "Your majesty, it's time to wake up." I heard one of the maids say. I sat up and stretched before seeing her hold my dress. "Why did you say 'your majesty'? I'm not royalty." I asked her, getting up, and grabbing my robe and slippers. "You're the daughter of Persephone. Your royalty in Auradon." She told me and I shrugged before shutting the door to the bathroom. I showered, making sure to clean myself well, before slipping on my robe and slippers. I left the bathroom and saw a hair stylist waiting for me by the vanity along with a makeup artist. "His majesty is super nervous." I heard the hairstylist say as I sat down and she started playing with my hair to see what style she would do. "I mean today is a special day."

"His majesty would like to ride with you in the carriage to the cathedral." The maid said and I smiled. "Perfectly fine with me. Can you grab the plastic bag that is on my nightstand?" I asked and she walked over before handing the bag to me. Inside was a brownie. What they didn't know was it's an anti-love potion. Ben and I have love, but his true love is with someone else. He deserves to be with someone who won't take over Auradon. "Is that a treat for him?" The makeup artist asked, putting on some eyeshadow. I could feel the hairstylist braiding out a piece of my hair. "Yes. It's a brownie to pick up his energy when he's feeling tired. Made it myself since he likes when I make treats." I smiled and I could feel her smiling. "So sweet of you, your majesty." She said, putting on some eyeliner. The stylist for my hair finished the one braid and now was working on the other. "Is it okay if you wear a flower crown instead of a normal one?" She asked me. "Of course, I don't care," I said and she kept braiding the part that she was on. "Your dress and heels are ready when you are done." The stylist said and I smiled. "Thank you," I said. "Where's my dog, Gizmo?" I asked and I could hear barking. "Open your eyes." They said and I opened them to see my little man with a bow tie on that was the same color as my dress. "You look so handsome!" I petted the side of his head and handed him a treat. The makeup artist then finished my makeup and I was waiting for the hairstylist. "The makeup looks amazing, thank you," I said and the artist bowed. "It was my pleasure to do it." She said and I smiled.

The stylist then finished and I looked to see a white flower crown on the top of my head. "Looks so beautiful. Thank you." I said and the hair stylist curtsied. "My pleasure, your majesty." I then stood up and went behind the folding doors. I lifted my arms as the two stylists pulled the dress over my head. They held me put my arms through, pulled the zipper up, smoothed out the dress, fixed the slit, and just helped me make it fit. They then helped me put on my matching-colored heels before I walked out from behind. "Wow! You look stunning, your majesty!" "You and his majesty will look so perfect together!" They said and I spun around. I grabbed Gizmo's leash, grabbed the plastic bag with the brownie, and they helped me through the hallway down the stairs. I saw Ben looking handsome in his suit and he gasped when he saw me. "You look so amazing. There are no words to describe how wonderful you look. And you are all mine." He said and pulled me close to him. "I'm all yours. Ready to go?" I asked and he nodded. "Let's get this coronation done and over with." He held out his arm and we walked to the carriage. He let me in first before following in. Gizmo sat in front of us and the door shut before the carriage started moving. There was glitter raining from the sky, people were waving, banners were being held, and everyone was cheering. We both waved a few times before he looked at me. 

"Don't be nervous. All you have to do is sit there and look beautiful. No problem there." He said and I giggled. "Thank you." I smiled and he looked at me closely. "Kaylin, would you wear my ring?" He asked and my eyes widened. "Um... not now. I think it would probably just fall right off of me. I have something for you." I said and he looked surprised. "For me?" He asked and I held out the bag with the brownie. He grabbed the bag and took out the brownie. "Yeah. It's just for later, you know when you need strength. Some carbs to keep up your energy." I said and he smiled. "Always thinking. But I can't wait." He took a bite and my eyes widened. "No!" I said. "Mm. Mm... Mm! This is good." He said, licking his fingers. "Uh. Do you..." He looked at me. Seeing me sweating must have made him worried. "Kaylin?" He asked. "Do you feel okay?" I asked. "You bet." He said. "Would you say that you're still in... that... that you have very strong feelings for me?" I asked him, worried that it already started working. Did he already lose feelings and I didn't know? Was he lying? What is going on? "I'm not sure. I mean, let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to take effect." He said and I nodded before I realized what he said. DID HE KNOW? "What? What? You knew?" He was chuckling and I was flabbergasted. He knew but didn't tell me? Why? "That you spelled me? Yeah. Yeah, I knew." He said. "I'm... I can explain myself." I said and he cut me off. "No, look, It's fine. I mean, you had a crush on me. You didn't trust that it could happen on its own. Am I right?" He asked me.

That's partially the truth but not fully... Has he been faking? Did he not love me? "Yes. You're so right. So, then, how long have you known?" I questioned and he looked at me. "Since our first date. Your spell washed away in the Enchanted Lake." That was so long ago... he has been faking it, right?! What is going on right now? "So then what? You've just been... Faking it since then?" I looked down at the ground and he grabbed his ring before putting it on my ring finger. I looked up and he kissed the ring on my finger. "I haven't been faking anything." He said and I smiled. I leaned my head against him and he smiled, holding me close. We got closer to the cathedral and I heard the trumpets. I sat up and fixed myself before we stopped. Ben got out first before holding out his hand. He grabbed mine and another guard helped me out before Gizmo followed. I grabbed his leash and Ben's hand before we walked up the stairs. I then curtsied in front of Belle who did the same. I turned to Beast and opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off. "I know what you are thinking and I told Ben this wasn't going to be easy." He said and I shut my mouth. "You also taught me that a king has to believe in himself. Even when it isn't easy." Ben said and I smiled. "I... how very wise of me." Belle hit her husband's arm before going over to Ben. "Ben, we are very proud of you. You keep listening to your heart." She told him and he smiled. "Thanks, mom." He said and Beast laid a hand on his shoulder before Ben looked at me. "Wish me luck." I then followed the guard to where my stepmother and brother were before waiting next to them. 

The choir started singing and I looked up at the others. As the doors opened, everyone was awed before Ben paused. He looked down the aisle and the Beast helped Belle stand up. The guards started bowing and as Ben walked down the aisle, the crowd either bowed or curtsied. He walked past me and my family. As I curtsied, he looked over at me and smiled before walking up the stairs. Fairy Godmother walked up and hugged his parents before taking the crown off Beast's head. Ben kneeled and Fairy Godmother placed the crown on his head. She then walked over to where the wand was and grabbed it before standing in front of Ben. I looked at Shawn who was slightly and my hands started sweating before ever so slightly shaking. "Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" Fairy Godmother asked Ben and it was silent. "I do solemnly swear." He said and I felt Shawn nudge me. I looked at him before looking back. I can't do this but I have to... I can't... "Then it is my honor and my joy to bless our new king." She was about to tap his other shoulder but then all of a sudden, a hand snatched the wand.

(A/N: DUN DUN DUN!! CLIFFHANGER! Tune in Wednesday, not Friday, to see who snatched the wand! Also, yes I am posting this early!)