Chapter 23. The Confrontation (Finale, pt 2)

A hand had suddenly snatched the wand and it was... "Chad, what are you doing?!" Cinderella yelled at her son and he glared at her with a fierce look in his eyes. "These wretched children deserve to rot on that stupid island! So if you won't send them back, I will! Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" He spun around and everyone backed up, cowering. Ben ran over before standing in front of me, holding out his arms. "Take cover!" The former king yelled and I looked at everyone before rushing over to Chad. I wrapped my arms around him, trying to yank the wand from his strong grip. We spun around and I could feel him, trying to push me off. "Careful K!" I heard Audrey yell and I finally snatched the wand. He looked at me scared as I held the wand in both of my hands before rushing away. I could someone rushing up behind me and my brother close by. Ben slowly walked in front of me, holding out his arms and his hand. "Kaylin, give me the wand." He said and I slowly backed off. "Stand back," I said, feeling scared. "It's okay." He said and I could people running up behind me. "Ben, I said stand back!" I yelled and he flinched. "I told you so!" Chad yelled and I pointed the wand toward him, making him back up again. "Revenge time," Jay whispered. "Kaylin, come on!" Mal tried grabbing my arm but Shawn looked at her. 

"You want to do this?" Ben asked me and I sighed. "Don't you understand? We have no choice! Our parents want us to be like them and if we disobey-" He cut me off. "Your parents made their choice and they are stuck on that island. You were brought here to Auradon because I believed that you could change. I know that you are the children of villains but you have shown everyone here that you can be good." Ben told me. "How do you know that?!" I yelled, tearing up. "Because I am listening to my heart right now, Kaylin. It's telling me that you seven are not villains. You are doing this to make your parents happy but have you ever thought about what you want? Not what your parents want? Your parents want you to make terrible decisions but in the end, it's going to get you nowhere. It's just like hurting your friends over and over again. They are not going to want to forgive you. You can try and try to apologize to them but they won't listen. I know that secretly you want to be good. Listen to your heart like I am listening to mine." He said and I sighed. "I want to listen to my heart too." I turned to my friends who were staring. "And my heart is telling me that we are not our parents. I mean stealing doesn't make you happy. You only did it for a job to help your dad out. I know that you certainly like tourney and victory pizza with the team makes you happy. You tell us all the time." I told Jay and heard someone yell. 

"Carlos, you used to be so afraid of dogs but now look at you. You have a new best friend and petting his belly makes you happy." I told Carlos who had become like a brother to me and he smiled. "Evie... E... You do not have to play dumb to ever get a guy, you are so much smarter than you think. You don't need a prince to be a princess, you need a guy who will treat you like a princess." I told her and she nodded, closing her eyes while smiling. I turned to Mal who looked like she was fighting with her thoughts. "I know that you don't want to take over and be evil. You want to be drawing and hanging out with your boyfriend. You are so much more than your mother, M." I said and she smiled, tearing up. I turned to my best friend. "Yareli, where do I start? You are not a heartbreak, your not a troublemaker. You are a woman who loves girls and being able to be with them makes you happy, I know it. I know that you want to be with your grandmother and family. That's okay." I said and she giggled, nodding. I turned to my brother. "Shawn, you've been my number one supporter since our story began at birth. You are not like Dad, you don't want to be evil. I know you want to be happy and be able to be yourself. I will always support you, I promise." I told him and he nodded, smiling. "And I don't want to rule the world with evil or be nasty. It's not apart of me. I want to be able to go to school and be with the man who has changed my life. Because he makes me very happy." I turned to Ben who smiled at me. "Us being friends makes me really happy. Not destroying things. I choose good." I said, putting my hand in the middle before looking at my friends.

"I agree with my little sis. Good." Shawn put his hand over mine and I smiled. "I am with them both. Good." Jay said, putting his hand against ours. "Good." Yareli said and did the same thing. "I choose good too." The two other girls said, putting their hands against ours. We all looked at Carlos. "So, just to be clear, we don't have to be worried about how really mad our parents will be? Because they're gonna be really, really mad." Carlos said. "Your parents can't reach you here." Ben said. "Okay, then. Good." He said and I looked at Ben. Ben came over and put his hand against ours. The others started cheering and I leaned against Ben making him do the same. Then once again, out of nowhere...