Chapter 5. Brand New Start

"Oh! AH! OWW!! Stop! You got everything else! Why do you want whatever this is?!" Carlos asked, yanking on something while Jay was trying to snatch it. "Cause you want it!" Jay's foot was pressed against Carlos' chest as he was trying to grab the item. "No, give it to me! OW! LET GO!!" Mal hit the side of them before she walked in front with her hands on her hips. "Guys, we have an audience and she doesn't like loud noises! You're making it worse." Mal said and the band cleared a path for a prince, a princess, and a headmistress. "Where's the other three?" The prince asked. "One of them has anxiety and hates loud noises," Evie said and my brother hopped out with Yareli. Both of them held out their hands for me and I grabbed them both before stepping out. Gizmo came out and looked at me. "Gizmo, come," I said and he sat in the heel position by my side. I noticed the prince looking at me and I looked at the ground, slightly blushing.  

"Leave it as you found it and by that, I mean just leave it." The headmistress said and the boys tossed the stuff back into the limo before the driver shut the door. "Hello foxy, the name's Jay," Jay said, flirting with the princess and making her chuckle awkwardly. "Welcome to Auradon Prep. I'm Fairy Godmother, the headmistress." Fairy Godmother took a curtsy and Mal realized who she was. "The fairy godmother? As in, 'Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo'?" She asked. "Bibbidi-bobbidi, you know it." The headmistress smiled warmly. "Yeah, I always wondered what it felt like for Cinderella when you just appeared, out of nowhere. With that sparkly wand and warm smile. And that sparkly wand." Mal told her. "That was a really long time ago. As I always say, 'don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future.'" Fairy Godmother said. "It's so good to finally meet you all, I'm Ben." Prince Ben said and I smiled. He's really cute... what am I saying? I can't like a prince!! "Prince Benjamin, soon to be king!" The princess squealed and I slightly walked forward. "You had me at the prince. My dad's a king which makes me a princess." I curtsied. "Glad to meet a fellow royal, your father's story always inspired me." Prince Ben said and the princess nodded. "This is Audrey." Prince Ben said, pointing to her. "Princess Audrey, his girlfriend. Right, Benny-boo?" They both grabbed each other's hands and I frowned slightly but they didn't seem to notice.

"Ben and Audrey are going to show you all around and I'll see you tomorrow. The doors of wisdom are never shut!" She threw their hands in the air and I jumped, my brother, putting his arm in front of me to shield me. "But the library hours are from eight to eleven and I have a little thing about curfews." Fairy Godmother said. "Library?" I asked. "Full of books. My mom loves going there in her free time." Prince Ben said and I nodded. "Also, tomorrow before class, I would like to see the two royals and their best friend." I, my brother, and Yareli nodded before Fairy Godmother walked away with the band. Prince Ben clasped his hands together and smiled. "Do you go by Prince Ben or..." Ben cut Yareli off. "You may call me either but Ben is perfectly fine. Like Audrey, Princess Audrey or her name is fine." He said and tried to shake Jay's hand but fist-bumped him. "It is so, so, so good to finally meet you all." He shook Mal's hand and nodded before going over to my brother. "I don't shake hands. I only shake hands or fist bump with people I know." Shawn said and he nodded going over to me. We shook hands and he smiled making me smile back at him. He shook Yareli's hand before talking again. "This is a momentous occasion, and one that I hope will go down in history... Is that chocolate?" He licked his fingers as Carlos did the same. "As the day our two peoples began to heal." He shook Evie's hand and I spoke up. 

"Or the day that you showed seven people where the bathrooms are," I said. "Or where the cafeteria is," Yareli said and he looked at us. "A little bit over the top?" He asked me. "A little more than a little bit," Yareli said and he chuckled. "Well, so much for my first impression." We both laughed and I looked at him. "Hey, your Hades' daughter, aren't you? And your Yzma's daughter. Yeah, you know what, your father's story was one of the things that got me into mythology. And your mother's story got me into science. Oh, my mom's Aurora, Sleeping Beauty." Audrey told me. "Yeah, we've heard the name. Honestly, the story of your parents amazed me as well. In my book, your father sacrificing his life to save your mother is heroic." I said and she smiled. "Yeah, dragons are scary to beat and your father did it without hesitating." Yareli smiled. "Water under the bridge?" She asked and I smiled back. "Totes." I and Yareli said in unison and we both laughed. "Why don't we do a tour, Benny? I would love to talk to Yareli and Kaylin more." Audrey asked. "Let's do it," He said and I walked with Audrey and Yareli. "Such a cute dog, what's the name?" Audrey asked me. "Gizmo, he's my service dog," I said. "Service dog? Well, we need to get him a vest and other supplies. Service dogs are one of the most protective dogs and people need to understand. Hey Ben, can I take both of them out later to show some shops I know of?" Audrey asked Ben. "I have no problem with it. It would be nice." He told her and smiled. "So you guys have a lot of like magic here in Auradon?"