Chapter 8. First Day

(A/N: I felt like putting up the first day of school since stuff happened these past few chapters, hope you'll don't mind! Sorry for putting it out so late, went to visit someone in the hospital, thanks for reading! Also, this is a chapter that deals with anxiety, so if you have trouble with itplease skip this chapter or skip ahead! Thank you!)

The seven of us were sitting inside the Remedial Goodness classroom. Fairy Godmother was teaching the class and it was only for villain kids. I sat next to Yareli while my brother was close by. Gizmo was laying down by my side, waiting for a command. "If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart?" Fairy Godmother asked and Evie immediately raised her hand. "Evie?" Fairy Godmother said. "What was the second one?" The blue-haired princess asked and Fairy Godmother frowned. "Oh, okay. Anyone else?" She looked around and saw me sketching. "Kaylin?" She asked and I immediately started panicking. Oh no! Oh no! Alarms are going off in the head! Which one is it? Why did she have to ask me? Mal has been answering them! I'm not stupid but- I looked at the desk, my head in my hands as my elbows were on the desk. My hands were getting sweaty and I was trying to get some air. It was getting harder to breathe and I could feel my heart in my stomach. "Kaylin?" Fairy Godmother asked again and I started packing up my supplies. "I-I'm sorry, I-I need t-to go-" I rushed out of the room with the headmistress, my brother, and Yareli calling my name.

Where to go? Where to go? I don't know my way around this school!! I can't breathe! Why does this always happen to me? Somebody help me, please! All of a sudden, I felt myself run into a hard surface and I looked through my tears to see Ben... What was he doing here? "Kaylin, is that you? Are you okay? Is everything alright?" He grabbed my forearms gently in his grasp and looked at my complexion. "B-Ben, I c-can't- Please, I-I need t-to go-" I tried pulling away but he kept holding on. I noticed him looking around before he looked back at me. "We need to get you out of here, follow me." He started pulling me with him somewhere and I was confused. Why is he helping me? Doesn't he have a girlfriend? She's going to be so mad! I need to go! Why aren't you letting me go, Ben? I followed after Ben, he was pulling me to a all gender bathroom I guess. We went inside before he shut the door. "W-Why are you helping m-me? A-Audrey's going t-to be m-mad-" He cut me off. "She doesn't care, Kaylin. We're not really dating, we had to make it look like we are. Don't focus on that, right now you need to breathe. This panting is not helping you. Can you look at me and take a deep breath in?" He asked me. "B-Ben, I-I can't-" He shushed me and pulled me to his chest. He wrapped my arms around his waist, put my head against his chest where his lungs were, and cupped the back of my head with his hand. "It's okay, I know but you need to calm down. Just listen to my breathing and don't hurt yourself." 

I felt his soothing heartbeat and I closed my eyes, trying to relax. He rocked us back and forth, trying to calm me down. He was whispering and rubbing my back as I took some long deep breaths. The ache in my chest was starting to dissipate and I could feel air going in my lungs again. "Can you tell me what happened?" He asked, letting go so he could see my face. "I was in class and Fairy Godmother asked me a question. I didn't know the answer, I started panicking, I probably failed." Noticing that I was starting to choke up again, he pulled me back to him and rubbed my back. "It's okay, you didn't fail. You failing does not make up who you are. You didn't know the answer and it's okay. Sometimes I don't know as well. Your not a failure, it just happened." He said and I hugged him again. "How do you know how? How to calm me down?" I asked and I could feel him smiling. "We're a lot alike. In different ways. Which is why some people don't like us and it's okay. We don't have to change ourselves for other people to like us. If our friends don't like the way we are, then they aren't our real friends." He said and I giggled. "My dad always says that." He chuckled. "Hades is an amazing father then. He raised two amazing children and probably more." He said. 

"I'm scared to go back. My friends are going to hate me and so will Fairy Godmother." I said. "Well, Gizmo is probably worried though. I will tell Fairy Godmother to lay it off and she can talk to me what happened. If you have any issues, talk to me and I will help." He told me and I nodded, wiping my eyes. "Can you walk me back?" He chuckled. "Of course I will. Besides, we can't have you getting lost." We both laughed. "Thank you, Ben. It means the world that I can trust someone other than my friends." I said and we hugged again. "Trust me, I'm happy to do it." We let go and I grabbed my supplies. He held out his arm and I put my arm through his. We left the bathroom and he took me back to my class. He hugged me before I left inside the classroom to my seat. I smiled at Ben before he left. He's amazing...