Chapter 17. The Surprise For The Kids

We were sitting in Fairy Godmother's class before she came to the front. I looked at Shawn and he shrugged. "Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to distance, we've arranged for a special treat." She said and walked over to a TV. We all got up before walking over and standing behind her. She pressed the spacebar and Maleficent's head was in front of the screen. She backed up and I saw some of the other parents. Jafar, Evil Queen, Cruella De Vil, Yzma, and my father. "I don't see anything nor do I hear," Maleficent said and I scooted closer to Shawn who wrapped his arm around me. "Is it... is it... is..." Maleficent said and Jafar pressed a button making them see us, I guess. "Oh! Evie, It's mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful. Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Yzma and Cruella chuckled making Maleficent scoff. "Don't you mean the weeds?" She asked and Cruella did a weird noise. "Ooh! Who's the old bat?" Cruella asked and I sighed. "This is Fairy Godmother," I told her.

"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Dad asked and I snorted making Shawn shake his head in amusement. "I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage!" Fairy Godmother said and I could tell she was getting upset. "You really couldn't give Cinderella till one am? What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?" Maleficent fist-bumped Evil Queen as the other villains laughed. "They were mice! They were not... they were mice. They were not..." Fairy Godmother said, moving out of the way. "Thank you so much. Thank you." I said and I smiled. "They were mice!" Fairy Godmother said one last time. "Hi, mom!" Mal said and Maleficent gasped as if she was surprised that Mal was there. "Mal! I m-m-miss you!" Maleficent said. "You children are never far from our thoughts!" Jafar said and I could tell Fairy Godmother was getting frustrated with our parent's antics. "I got it. How long must mommy wait to see you?" Maleficent asked. "Um, there's a big coronation coming up. I think sometime probably after... that." Mal told her mother. "When?" Maleficent asked. "Friday. 10 am." Mal said and I was slightly shaking.

Shawn noticed and rubbed my shoulder. "Mal's dealing with it. If you need to leave the room to go see your boyfriend, Fairy Godmother and Dad will understand." He whispered in my ear. "Thanks. I think I'll be fine." I whispered back and he nodded. "Just offering." He said. "I'm grateful," I said back. "Carlos is that a dog?!" Cruella shrieked and we looked back at the TV. "Oh, yes, yes, baby, I do understand. It would make the perfect size for earmuffs." She laughed and Carlos stepped forward. "He's the perfect size for a pet. This dog loves me, and I love him. And FYI, your dog is stuffed! So give it a rest!" Carlos said, finally standing up to his mother. I'm so proud of him, she deserves it for the way she treated him. "Oh-ho! Burn!" Jafar said. "Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two-bit salesman!" Cruella said. "People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones," Jafar yelled back and I covered my ears. "Oh, well, people who sell toasters shouldn't use mixed metaphors!" Cruella said. "Enough!" My father bellowed and the screen was turned off. I looked up after the noise was gone and saw Dad wasn't on the screen anymore. "Good going, parents. Now the rest of us won't be able to speak to the ones that love us." Yareli said. "I'm so sorry." Fairy Godmother frowned. "Thanks for the special treat..." I whispered. "Of course." She smiled back and we went to grab our bags to leave. "M? What do you think our parents are gonna do to us? If we don't pull this off?" Evie asked Mal and Mal sighed. I think they will be quietly disappointed in us, but ultimately... Proud of us for doing our best." Mal said. "Really?" Carlos asked, hopeful. "No, she's being sarcastic. We are most definitely goners." I said and walked ahead with Gizmo, Shawn, and Yareli close by me.

Ben's POV

"How do you think it's going? Should we go check on them?" Audrey asked me and I sighed. "Audrey, you've asked me like 10 times in the last 5 minutes. Fairy Godmother would've said something by now." I told her. "She is right though. Some of those VKs don't have good relationships with their parents. They could say something to set them off and their parents could yell making them have flashbacks." Nathan said. "No, he's right. Evil Queen is not that good of a person. Imagine Evie, her biological daughter, doing something to upset her." Doug said. "Or maybe you just care about her way too much since you're in love," Audrey told him. "I hate to interrupt but the surprise is done." Fairy Godmother said and I looked up. "How did it go?" I asked and she frowned. "It was fine towards the very beginning then it went downhill. Mr. De Vil stuck up for himself in front of his mother; Ms. De Vil & Mr. Jafar started arguing so Jay turned off the TV; they started leaving and talked about how they were going to be goners if they don't do what their parents ask of them." Fairy Godmother said and I ran my hand through my hair. "How's Kaylin? Is everything okay?" I asked her.

"Well, she whispered to Shawn something I couldn't hear; during the argument, she covered her ears while closing her eyes; and then her eyes welled up with tears when she couldn't see her father on the screen anymore." Fairy Godmother said. "We need to do something, Ben," Audrey said and I nodded. "Your right, we do. This can't go on."

(A/N: EXACTLY 1,000 WORDS! Well, the story part is! Yes, I am posting early because I want to do it in case I lose power! Thanks for waiting til today for a new chapter! I wanted to say to my Melons living during this hurricane, especially in Florida, I hope you guys are staying safe and just keeping positive vibes! I know it's so hard but you can do it! To all of my Melons who are about to be hit, get to somewhere safe and keep your vibes up as well! If I don't lose power, the next chapter shall be up by Monday at 5 pm as always! We are getting closer to the end of this story & I am so sad but I have a set date for book 2 which will feature mostly Mal and Nathan! I will be posting a new update on Tumblr about information for book 2! Thanks for reading this chapter! Keep looking out for when I post a new update on my socials. Baiiiiii!!!!)