Chapter 15. The Royal Date

(A/N: Slightly longer chapter since it's number 15!)

Mal's POV

I noticed that Gizmo was here after Kaylin left on her date with Ben and patted his head. "He is such a good boy," Yareli said and smiled at the dog. I nodded and sighed. "Wait- If Gizmo is here, what will he do if something happens to Kaylin?" Evie asked. "Oh my gosh! Wait! He can't help her! Do you know where the date is happening?" I asked Yareli. She nodded and we grabbed Gizmo's leash before heading out to a limo. We needed to find Kaylin and very quickly...

Kaylin's POV

I held onto Ben's waist as we rode through the forest. I giggled as I looked around at the sights of the green forestry and its nature. Ben smiled and I wrapped my arms gently tighter around his waist. Once we arrived at our destination, Ben helped me off the bike before we put our helmets down. He held out his hand and I grabbed it before we walked along a path. "Do you like the trees?" He asked. "Uh, yeah. It's my first time seeing it up close so. I'm enjoying it so far though." I said and he smiled. "I'm glad. Come on." We walked towards a bridge and started walking across. "Tell me something about yourself that you've never told anyone," Ben asked me, I leaned against the rope of the bridge. "Ummm... my middle name is Lorelei," I said and he raised an eyebrow. "Lorelei?" He asked and I nodded. "Yeah. Lorelei. Just my dad doing what he does best. Being really evil. Kaylin Lorelei." I said and he chuckled. "Mine's Florian." I snorted before looking at him. "Florian?" I questioned. "Yeah." He said. "How princely. Oh, that's almost worse." I grimaced and he chuckled. I mean, you know, it's not better than Lorelei. But it's still not the worst." We got to a hill and he held out his hands. "Close your hands and follow." He said and I closed my eyes before grabbing his hands. "Watch your foot. Yeah. Are you good?" He stood me in front of him and put his hands on top of my arms. "Ready?" He asked and I nodded. "Open." He whispered and I did. The most beautiful sight was in front of me (Up top!) and I walked down towards it.

Ben took off his jacket before laying down sideways on the blanket. I sat down and he handed me a bowl of what looked to be donut holes. I was enjoying, wiping my fingers, and just enjoying the taste before noticing Ben staring at me. "Is this your first time?" He asked me. "Mm... We don't date much on the island. It's more like... Gang activity." I said and he chuckled. "Um, I meant. Is this your first time eating a donut hole?" He asked and I sucked off my finger. "Is it bad?" I asked and he sat up. He wiped the side of my mouth and had me lick my lips. "Gone? You can't take me anywhere I guess." I said. "You know, I've done all the talking. Your turn. I don't know that much about you. Tell me something." He said and I did the horse lips. "Well, I'm 16, I'm a younger twin sister to an older twin brother, I have trauma from my past, I'm royalty, and I've only ever lived in one place," I said and he chuckled. "Me too. That... we have so much in common already." I laughed in disbelief. "No, trust me. We do not. And now you are going to be king?" I asked. "Yeah." He looked at the ground. "What?" I asked, confused. "A crown doesn't make you a king." He said. "Well, it sort of does." We both chuckled and he shook his head.

"No, it... Your father is the God of the Underworld and I've got the poster parents for goodness. But we're not automatically like them. We get to choose who we're gonna be. And right now, I can look into your eyes and I can tell you're not evil. I can see it." He looked into my eyes and I sighed. "Let's go for a swim." I started, slightly panicking, looking around since I have Thalassophobia. "What, uh, right now?" I asked. "Yeah, right now." He started unbuttoning his shirt a bit. "I think I'm just going to stay here," I said, my hands sweating profusely. "No, no, no. Come on." He tried grabbing my hand and I saw a bowl of some sort of cookies. "I think I'm gonna stay behind and try one of these cookies. I've never tried these before. Mm! Mm..." WHAT IS THIS TASTE? "Don't eat all of them," Ben said and I nodded. "Okay! Ooh! Mm. Are those little crowns on your shorts?" I saw Ben's shorts with crowns and he blushed. "Maybe." I waved and he waved back. He then roared and I laughed loudly before he jumped into the water.

I turned around and sighed to myself.

SONG: If Only By Dove Cameron

A million thoughts in my head
Should I let my heart keep listening?
Cause up 'til now, I've walked the line
Nothing lost but something missing
I can't decide what's wrong, what's right
Which way should I go?

If only I knew what my heart was telling me
Don't know what I'm feeling
Is this just a dream?
Oh oh, yeah
If only I could read the signs in front of me
I could find the way to who I'm meant to be
Ah oh, If only
Yeah

Every step, every word
With every hour I'm falling in
To something new, something brave
To someone I've never been
I can't decide what's wrong, what's right
Which way should I go

If only I knew what my heart was telling me
Don't know what I'm feeling
Is this just a dream?
Ah oh, yeah
If only I could read the signs in front of me
I could find the way to who I'm meant to be
Ah oh, If only
Yeah

Am I crazy?
Maybe
We could happen
Yeah
Will you still be with me
When the magic's all run-out?

If only I knew what my heart was telling me
Don't know what I'm feeling
Is this just a dream?
Ah oh...
If only I could read the signs in front of me
I could find the way to who I'm meant to be
Ah oh...

If only, yeah
If only, yeah
If only, yeah
If only, yeah

I then looked around, not seeing Ben anywhere inside. Where is he? What's going on? "Ben?" I looked around, trying to see if he was in the water. I got closer to the edge and scanned my surroundings. Oh my gosh, I just killed the future king!! Ben, where are you? My breathing started slowing down and I could feel my heart racing. "BEN!" I cupped my hands over my mouth and looked even more into the water. I then felt myself lose my balance and I went tumbling into the water. I started panting and losing my breath even more. My head went under water and I tried pushing up but it was no use. I started losing my consciousness and felt the world around me go dark. My vision went dark and my body felt lighter. Ben, help...

"Kaylin? Kaylin, wake up! Come on!" I could feel warm hands pressing against my chest and I was feeling myself being pulled back away from the light. I then felt warm lips press against mine and I opened my eyes before looking around. I moved onto my side before coughing up water. "Oh thank Lord Zeus. Come on, keep coughing it up. I got you." I heard Ben's voice and felt him rubbing my back. "Ben?" I croaked. "I'm here." He said and tears welled up in my eyes. "BEN! I thought you were dead! I thought I had killed you and I didn't see you-" I was cut off by Ben pulling me into his chest. "I swam too far away. I'm alright. Come on, keep breathing." I could feel my air cut off, and my face became hotter. "Kaylin? Lin? Come on, talk to me." He said and I started coughing before waving my hands in front of my face. "Are you okay? What's going on?" He asked and I started wheezing, trying to get air. The combination of almost losing Ben, almost drowning, to being panicked is getting too overwhelming. It felt like someone was hammering my chest and was sitting on top of me. "Kaylin, breathe. You can do it." He leaned me against his chest and I closed my eyes, trying to get some air into my lungs. It was hurting so tremendously. I coughed slightly harder and wheezed harshly. "Come on, Lin. Please breathe. I'm here. I've got you." He kissed my forehead and I wanted to fall asleep. "Stay awake. Come on, don't fall asleep." He said and I was wheezing more. "BEN? KAYLIN? WHERE ARE YOU?"

(A/N: CLIFFHANGER! AGAIN! Sorry for not posting on Monday, I lost track of time! Thank you for waiting so patiently and for enjoying the other chapters! See you on Monday for more content!)