Years Ago

In a farmhouse of an alien warrior, a mother and daughter where arguing about what the girl should do in life. 

"I don't want to go to school! I wanna train with dad and learn to fight!" 

Her mother yelled back at her with the same volume. "You will go to school! And a proper lady doesn't fight!" 

"You used to fight! Dad said you were an amazing fighter once! Why can't you teach me?!" 

The older woman shook her head and glared to the side. "That was a long time ago! And, no I'm not gonna teach you to fight!" 

"Why not?!" 

The woman growled before answering. "Because boys don't like girls who can fight! And you might have to get married one day!" 

The girl's crimson eyes widened in shock until she put an angered expression on her face. "I don't want to get married!" 

"You don't have a choice! I talked with some friends of mine! They're from a good family and have a lot of money! I promised them you'd marry their son!" 

The child's eyes widened again but tears pricked her eyes. She couldn't believe her mother would do this. "No, you're lying." 

"Why would I lie?" 

The girl shook her head and ran upstairs with her mother calling her, but the little girl only blocked out the woman's yells. 

The girl locked her bedroom door and started to cry but sucked it up and packed a backpack with some clothes, snacks, and a medical kit. She made sure she hid something before going out her window and flying away, careful to hide her energy. 

She landed in a forest and walked until she came across a temple hidden in the trees. The red walls and sliding doors with patterns of cherry blossoms and cranes greeted her with kindness. The gold dragons that held up the pillars of the building looked out at the forest. As she walked closer, two lion statues acted as guards for the entrance. One having its mouth open and the other closed. 

The girl sat down next to the lion that had their mouth closed and fell asleep, not noticing someone approaching her from the back.

When the child woke up, she was laying on a futon and covering her was a fluffy white blanket. She looked around to see she was in a Chinese style room, the same cranes who greeted her were smiling from the sliding doors. 

One of the doors opened to show a woman with pink hair and lime green eyes. Next to the woman was a man with blue spiky hair and emerald eyes. And judging by the rings on their fingers, they were married. "Oh, you're awake!" 

The woman placed a tray with hot Soba on the girl's lap. "Here you must be hungry." 

The man came to the woman's side, and he had a lazy yet energetic aura. "I'm Amy Rose, and this is my husband, Sonic. What's your name?" 

The white-haired girl ate the noodles in front of her and a white tail flicked out from under her sweater. "Ami." 

Amy nodded and asked another question. "Do you know where your parents are?" 

Ami stopped eating and dropped her chopsticks as she started to cry. 

Amy was quick to hug the little girl and rub her back in comfort. "M-mom said I had to get married...t-to someone I didn't know!" 

Both Sonic and Amy looked at each other shocked at the confession, no child should be forced into a marriage or anything like that. 

Amy wiped away the girl's tears and kissed her forehead. "If you want you can stay with us, we'll teach you how to defend yourself. And you won't be forced to get married again." 

Sonic finally said something as his wife said this. "Wait, what?! Are you sure about this Ames?" 

Amy nodded and said something else. "The barrier Tails made will hide us and her. You can teach her how to be fast, I'll teach her how to use weapons, Knuckles will teach her how to be strong, Tails can teach her how to be smart, and Sticks can teach her how to be free."