Lazy Day

A few days after the pool party, Ami was focused on learning to use her death powers which was harder than she thought. She was training without breaks for at least five days.

Whis was with her right now as her hair, tail, eyes, and aura turned black but instead of a panicked or angered state, she was calm. "You're doing well, Ami. But you won't be able to hold up this power without proper rest."

Ami powered down and felt exhausted as the grass around where she's standing was shriveled and dead. "I guess you're right, I kinda have a habit of not taking care of myself to prove I'm not weak."

Whis placed his hand on his chin in thought before asking Ami about her past. "Was it your mother that made you like this?"

Ami breathed in and nodded before going more in depth about her past. "Mother would have me on all kinds of diets, but since I'm part Saiyan those human diets didn't work too well. I wasn't eating as much as I should have and it's what started our fight before I left. I asked why I was put on diets, and she said it was because she was trying to make my figure look more like a woman than a martial artist."

Ami then closed her eyes and breathed in to calm herself and continued. "Then I started to yell at her and then she noticed I was hiding my eye under my hair, and then she found out I got into a fight. You know the rest."

Ami keeping her cool during the story was impressive as he two walking inside when she was finished. The woman then went to her room and got in the shower, and after she was done, she put on some casual clothes. She noticed her hair was longer too, Chi-Chi would always cut it short so it 'looked nice'.

Ami kept it short so it would be out of the way when she was fighting, but always wondered what it would be like to keep it long.

She grabbed a hair tie instead of scissors and pulled her hair into a messy bun.

Ami then went to the living room and sat on the sofa; it was comfy but not as comfy as her bed. Her tail twitched as she closed her eyes and let her muscles relax. She sat there for a while before she saw a vision, her father and Vegeta fighting a Saiyan with overpowering strength and green aura.

Ami came out of her vision when she felt someone lay their head on her lap. The female opened her eyes and looked at her legs to see Beerus with his head on her thighs and his gold eyes were looking at her with concern.

Ami used her hand to pat his head and he seemed to calm down.

"You looked like you were having a nightmare." He did sound genuinely worried for her as she looked at him.

"Do you ever get visions?"

"Usually, premonitions come when I'm asleep. Why do you ask?" Beerus sat up and

Ami took a deep breath before telling him what she saw behind her eyelids. "I had a vision of my dad and Vegeta fighting a Saiyan with immense power. I don't know who won because you brought me out of it."

The cat placed an arm around her and comforted her the best he could.

"Why do I feel like someone is going to die during that fight?"

Ami hasn't cried in front of anyone outside of her adoptive family, but this is the fourth time Beerus has seen her tears roll down her cheeks. He had Whis get some water for her and helped calm her down. "I believe it's part of being the goddess of death. You can feel when someone is going to die and how they're going to die."

Ami just leaned on the sphinx relying on him as an anchor in this moment. "But who is going to die? That's what I'm worried about."

Whis came in with a glass of water and handed it to the crying woman. "I think you will have to wait to see. Ami, do you feel that your father or Vegeta were going to die?"

Ami shook her head no and drank some of the water. "No, and it wasn't the person they were fighting. It was someone who was watching the fight."

Ami was still upset, being able to sense someone is going to die is new and something she might never get used to experiencing. "Thanks for the help, guys, I appreciate it."

Whis nodded and left so he could get a head start on making dinner.

Beerus only laid back down and closed his eyes as he used Ami's legs as a pillow.

"So, why are you laying on my thighs?" Ami raised a brow as she scratched near his ears.

"They make good pillows, for one. For two, they're comfy."

Ami only shook her head and turned on a movie the two would dose off to.