Wake Up

Ami sat up quickly in a cold sweat. She had a nightmare about her mother and whatever she did. The albino remembered Vegeta say something about Bloodbending, but figured she could look into it later.

Ami looked around the room to see it wasn't her's, the bed was soft and a nice royal purple. A vanity was on the other side of the room, the reflection of the woman was staring back at her.

That's when she noticed her clothes. She was wearing a teal tube top and grey sweatpants, her tail flicked behind her giving some relief.

She hurried out of the bed and ran towards the door, she  stealthily made it into the hall and made sure she wasn't heard or sensed leaving.

Ami found the kitchen, dinning room and the balcony that connects to it. Her bare feet padded against the floor as she made her way onto the balcony.

Outside was a strange but beautiful sight. A purple lake surrounded by grass and on the horizon was a large forest. The sky was bright, with sunset colors and clouds. The wind blew in her hair as her tail flicked contently as she stared out at the strange place.

A hand was placed on her shoulder and she roundhouse kicked whoever it was in the face. Or at least tried to. Her foot was caught by a purple cat.

"Lord Beerus! Uh, I'm sorry I tried to kick you."

Beerus let go and stood next to her looking out at the scenery. "Yes, well, I did catch you off guard."

Ami looked out at the lake. "Why am I here?"

The god started to explain what she did and why she was here. "The technique you used in your rage. It's called Bloodbending, most can't do it anymore because it was lost for thousands of years."

Ami started to get flashes of times she may have used Bloodbending. The first time was on a wolf, the second was Mirage, and finally her mother and Vegeta. "But how do I know or how can I do something like that?"

Beerus only shrugged and looked to her. "I don't know."

"That makes me feel better." Ami was sarcastic in her words and took a deep breath before letting it out.

Whis soon joined them and had a stern look on his face. "Ms. Ami, why are you out here in your pajamas?"

Ami looked to the man and smiled sheepishly. "When you wake up and don't know where you are, you don't really worry about clothes."

He nodded in understanding and tapped his staff on the ground.

Ami's pajamas changed from what they were to an outfit similar to Beerus. Blue pants, a sports bra with patterns, and weighted cuffs around her wrists. "Huh, surprisingly comfy."

Whis smiled knowing his work was appreciated, but frowned when he saw a long scar going across her well toned stomach. "Ms. Ami."

"Just Ami is fine."

He nodded before looking to her stomach. "How did you get that scar?"

The woman looked at her stomach and then back to Whis. "Got it when I fought Mirage for the first time, she brought a sword to a fist fight."

Ami then chuckled a little before explaining that it wasn't her only scar. "Not the first one though."

She lifted up the left leg of her pants to show a bite mark. "Got this from a wolf." She put her pants back into place and lifted the hair on the back of her neck. It showed a jagged scar. "Got captured and nearly killed." She put her hair back and looked at the two deities.

Whis smiled. "If you like I could get rid of those scars."

Ami shook her head. "Thanks Whis, but I'd like to keep them." Her stomach growled and that signaled it was time for breakfast.

They all went inside and Beerus and Ami started another conversation. "So, you were looking out at that lake for a while."

"I've never seen a place like this before, I couldn't control my amazement."

Whis soon came back with food and the two dug in.

Ami didn't care if it looked strange she just made sure to try what was served before deciding she didn't like it. It was all pretty good in her opinion. "This is all really good, Whis."

The angel smile gratefully. "Thank you, Ami. But, I have to ask why you want to keep your scars."

Ami smiled softly and only looked at her food when she spoke. "These scars tell some of the stories of my life. Besides scars are proof you went through something tough, survived it, and came back stronger."

Whis nodded knowing with her heritage she seemed the stubborn type. "Am I here because of the Bloodbending?"

Whis nodded with a serious look. "Yes, Ami, you are."

The Saiyan woman looked at her hands in regret and guilt. "Will you help me control it, I don't want to hurt anyone like that again."