A Pact

Ami woke up slowly, she was in the same bed she's been given to rest in for the past few weeks. She saw her dad on the right side of her bed and Beerus on the left, her dad was asleep while the large cat was awake.

Ami looked to the destructive god, her red eyes looked pleading at him. "Tell me what Whis said was only a dream. That it's not true."

Ami's voice sounded so broken, like she was trying to hide her sadness and anger but couldn't. The woman was also trying to stay quiet so the other Saiyan wouldn't wake.

"Whis is many things, but a liar isn't one of them."

Ami shook her head and sat up, hot tears leaked from her eyes. Her hands gripped the blanket that covered her legs and waist almost like she wanted to tear them apart. "I already went through the arranged marriage shit, and now this?"

Ami's anger was heard in a calm voice, and in many people's experience would cause fear in another.

Calm anger is unpredictable, chilling, and sometimes yelling doesn't scare others as much as a voice void of anything.

"I know you've been through so much, and this just adds to the pile of bones that you left behind." The woman's tail flicked when Beerus started to speak, her hands letting go of her blanket. "But even I don't want to be married yet, so I have a proposition we might both agree to."

Ami knew Beerus, even a few weeks she could tell he was being honest and sincere by looking at him. She was the type of person to read the devil's contract before signing it and lose her soul.

But the Saiyan wasn't making a deal with the king of hell, she was compromising with the god of destruction.

"I'm listening." Ami looked into Beerus' yellow eyes as he spoke; she could tell a lot about a person by looking into their eyes.

"If we don't fall in love or whatever we don't get married, we stay friends and nothing more. But until we decide any of that, we take everything slow, start as friends."

Ami saw nothing but the truth in the god's eyes and that the contract he was writing with his words was with no strings attached. "You're right, I do agree to those terms."

Beerus held out his hand and Ami took it, purple ribbon wrapped both their arms as it glowed with magic. It disappeared before the two let go.

"A pact between two gods, not even I could destroy it."

Ami nodded and looked to her still sleeping father, and woke him up.

"Ami, you alright?" She nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Goku hugged his daughter and let go when Whis came in the room with Vegeta. "Oh, good morning. I believe you and Lord Beerus worked everything out?"

Ami nodded and got up to stretch. "We did. Is there anything to eat?"

They proceeded to the dining room and had some food.

Vegeta was staring at Ami as he ate, in deep thought at how she was supposed to be a goddess. Said goddess noticed his staring and had to say something.

"What is it, Vegeta?" This startled the man, since Ami didn't look up from her meal to know she was staring.

"I just still don't understand how you are the goddess of death."

"Because I'm my father's daughter, or because of something else?" Ami glared at him from her chair, eyes narrowed dangerously. "I'm my own person, and I'm more than you think, more than you know."

The woman was cryptic in her speech, but serious in her words. "Never underestimate me, goddess or not I could still kick your ass."

She got up and walked towards the Saiyan, hiding her intentions and aura from him.

When a person hides their true intentions it makes them hard to read, just like calm anger. It makes it hard to see what they'll do next, what they say next, and sense when it comes.

Whatever it is.

"An opponent could strike me from the front, and I'd call them a coward. You wanna know why?" She was in front of the prince now.

"Because I find it fun, when people attack me from behind. And even if most say it's dishonorable to do so, I enjoy the thrill of catching my enemies of guard, by catching their fist."