Years Later

Twelve years have passed since that day, and the anniversary of Ami's disappearance was coming up. 

Bulma decided to have a party to try and lighten the spirits of the Son family. The scientist only having met the girl only a few times but enjoyed her company none the less. 

A shrine for the girl was made in her honor as a center piece for the party, and for people to pay their respects. 

Chi-Chi was grateful for the memorial her guilt eating away at her heart. She somehow knows she was the reason for her daughter's disappearance, or possible death. 

Gohan and Ami used to be attached at the hip, their brother-sister bond unbreakable by anything. But when he was training with Piccolo, their bond lessened as she changed in personality. She was the kind of girl to wear pants 24/7, catch bugs, and be rough by nature. But when he saw her again, she was wearing dresses and didn't play like she used to, focusing more on school and being a lady. 

Goku was really close with his daughter, her being a daddy's girl instead of wanting to be momma's little helper. He used to secretly teach her how to defend herself, but never thought she might change. He was devastated when he found out she was gone, and searched for months, but found no trace of her. 

Goten never got to meet his older sister but heard stories about her. Like how she was strong but kind, confident yet shy, and loud when she had a be. Her photos were of her as a baby, toddler, and the age she left home as. 

Everyone was gathered and eating, drinking, and even talking to each other about the missing girl even if most didn't know her. 

"Come to think about it, Goku, you did mention Ami once while training." 

Goku answered Whis in a sad yet happy tone. "She was my daughter; she ran away years ago and I've never been able to find her." 

Beerus, who was holding a plate of food, looked at the Saiyan blankly. "Do you know why she ran off?" 

Goku shook his head no, he never knew why she left only that she did. 

Videl and Gohan were talking to each other while baby Pan was in her mother's arms. "I just wish she said goodbye, left a note, or something." 

Videl comforted her husband the best she could. She never met Ami, and Gohan mentioned her at the wedding they had, but never thought of what she used to be like. "I wish we could have met her, you two sounded close." 

"We were." 

Goten and Trunks were over at the shrine, looking at the photos and memories of the girl. 

Goten was always confused about why his sister had white hair and red eyes. His brother told him that she had those traits since none of her pictures had color. 

Goten once found a book about albinism and figured that's why she had those distinguishing features. 

"What do you think she would be like now?" Trunks looked to his friend only to see him playing with his fingers. 

"I don't know. I never met her, but I want to." Goten looked into the smiling eyes in his sister's photo, she looked really happy in her overalls and holding up a frog she caught. 

But when the boy was about to say something else, Piccolo shielded them before a blast of energy destroyed the shrine. Everyone got battle ready as a woman with black hair and mitch matching eyes emerged from the smoke. 

"Finally, out of that prison. And look, my adoring subjects. It's been years since I've seen anyone outside my cell." 

Krillin, being the police officer, he is stepped forward first. "There's no criminal record of you! But I will have to arrest you for property damage and disruption of the peace!"