Into the Fire

I know I've been playing tennis with the plot, but bare it with me, it will be like that a just a little bit more.

3rd Person POV

As the new pathfinders cross the portal, they meet their lost teammate on the other side, waiting for them.

Mike: "Hey boys, took you long enough."

Lester: "Aaannnd I'm already regretting having feeling sad"

Mike: "Awww, y'all felt sad in my absence? That's cute" He said while making a heart with his hands. He got in response a middle finger from everyone but the sergeant and Tony.

Lester: "Well, nobody wanted to become the new pointman that's why."

Sgt. Ross: "Alright enough, we need to do this thing ASAP, or command will abandon us here." He said as he approached Mike, then gave him a handshake. "You gave us a fright over there, son"

Mike: "No shit sarge, that may have been the scariest moment in my life so far." He answered jokingly, which made the sarge broke a brief laugh.

Sgt. Ross: "You bet, but I'm serious now, we gotta finish this quick. So Mike, where is the objective?"

Mike: "2km south, and I'm sure command told you, I don't know the real numbers, just that its quite a big operation they have, neither their power, so far I've just saw them with kinda light weapons, but I really don't know."

The sergeant let out a sigh. "Well, not the first time we go blind, and I hope not the last one, what can we do... Lets go then, lets no waste any more time." He said as he head to the exit, he got closely followed by the rest.

Mike joined the rest on the porch at the entrance of the building. The crew just watched at the emptiness that were the Red Wastes, aside from the road in front of them, then they looked at the sky to see the big red pentagram in the middle of it. Everyone stood there in silence for a couple of seconds.

Ace: "Yep...that ain't natural"

Mike: "Nothing is anymore, you'll get used to it, I played a game of blackjack with a native yesterday."

Lester: "You what?"

Mike: "Yep."

Dodger: "Well, anyway." He said as he took walked forward and step on the red sand. "This is a small step for a man, one big leap for mankind, again." He said jokingly to lightning the mood, working most or less, everyone followed him and head up to the factory. 

They walked in silence the whole way, keeping an eye on their environment as if it was a totally hostile place, which they aren't totally wrong. When they get to the factory, they sneak up to a nearby hill, the same one Mike used the first time, from there they scout the area, the factory was in the middle of what look like a dead end canyon, with only one exit, where the road connects to the main highway from before. (If its confusing I'll make a crappy MSPaint draw of it to make it more clear, I'm bad at describing environments.) There weren't any trucks as before, the loading docks were closed, but there were still a couple of guards on the back entrance.

Breacher: "Pretty big place, huh?"

Mike: "Compared to last time, it look pretty calm."

Sgt. Ross: "Alright Mike, tell me you at least did so decent recon and not just some sightseeing."

Mike: "I did my homework, they have no operational CCTV, all cams I saw look broken or missing, the building got two entrances, the main one is on that right side, leading to the road, the other one is that one right there, next to the cargo bay, this building don't really have any exits in case of emergency, so I suggest lets go through the small one.