Chapter 5: kavin's welcome party & thyme's cold shoulder

"May I have all your attention please?" Mr. Forbes stand at the stage with mic on his hand. Everyone's attention is no on him.

"First of all, thank you for coming to this very special event. I'm very thankful for all of you who have come here today to celebrate my welcome party of my son. Some people may have known him cause at the age of 14 he went to America for study. Before I call him, I will a story about him. My son is very handsome like me-" he laugh. The others laugh too. "And pretty as his mother. He is very mature at his young age and intelligent. He was just like a very cute bunny and in a blink of eye, he become very tall, muscular bunny. Ah~ time has passed yet he still our very cute little bunny. Now, it is time to introduce to you my lovely handsome son, Kavin Hanari Forbes" Everyone start to clap. Kavin walk at the stage.

His father handed him the mic. "Sawadee krap. Thank you for coming here today. I expected to have a simple occasion, but I guess my parents overdo it. I'm happy that everyone can come. My father introduce me, but I will introduce myself again. I'm Kavin Hanari Forbes. It's nice to meet you all. That's all. Thanks" Kavin smile at them.

Everyone is amaze by this beauty infront of them. He is looking for a glowing angel that comes to save them. And from this event, they've known, they want this beauty looking angel to be their son-in-law. Besides, Forbes is very famous family in Thailand. They have many connections in China, Korea, Japan, Switzerland, and America. They are powerful in their own way. No one would dare to betray them. Kavin's grandfather was the prime minister of Thailand before he died.

_

Morning comes. The party went well for them. They enjoy it very well.

Kavin walks at the entrance of the University. Nothing new, students are looking at him. From the moment, he step in this University, he become the center of attraction to the students.

"Oh, Kav. Still looking beautiful" Ren said. Kavin wink at him and chuckle. "MJ and you are wasted last night" he said. Ren laugh while MJ chuckle. Thyme, on the other hand, still looking emotionless. "Oh, Thyme, where is those flowers you've been giving to Gorya everyday? Did you get none of it today?" MJ ask. "They got out of stock" Thyme just said.

To be honest, Thyme didn't dare to buy some flowers for Gorya today. He just want some change for him just today.

"Oh, okay" MJ nod. Kavin is looking at Thyme like he is reading him. He has frown on his face. Suddenly, Ren put his arm on Kavin.

"Let's walk now. Everyone is looking at us" he said. They started walking. At the middle of their walking, they got bump to Gorya and Kaning.

"Oh Gorya, hi" MJ said, greeting her. Kavin and MJ greet her too. Thyme just look at her who is looking at him too. Like they have a staring contest.

"Did you fight or something?" Kavin ask, frowning. "Did you do something wrong?" Ren ask. "Nothing is wrong. We did not fight" Thyme said in cold voice. "Let's go" he added too. He started walking being followed by the three.

Gorya turn around and look at his back. She is feeling sad about Thyme's doing. She recall that she didn't do wrong. "Gorya, did something wrong?" Kaning ask her. "I don't know, Ning. Yesterday, Thyme is acting so lovely dovely to me. He even introduce me to his mother and sister. But today, it feels strange. He is acting cold" she smile sadly. "Don't worry. Maybe, he is just in bad mood" Kaning assure that her friend smile.

"Did something wrong between them?" Ren and MJ are talking. Kavin is in the middle of them. "But nothing happen at the party yesterday. They look lovely dovely to each other" Ren said. "Maybe, Thyme need someone to talk to him" MJ said, looking at Thyme's back. "But who?" Ren ask.

The two of them look at Kavin who has a lollipop on his mouth. He point at himself. "Me?" he said with wide eyes. "Yes. You are very good at giving advice, so I think you need to use them" MJ said. "Fine" Kavin sigh, walking towards Thyme.

Kavin's pov

I pat Thyme's shoulder who directly turn around. "Let's talk" I said. "Follow me" I added. I started to walk, finding a good spot to talk with him. At last, I found a private space.

I stop in there. He stand infront of me. "What do you want to talk about?" he ask me. "What really happened? I know that the flower store that you are buying Gorya's flowers never really got out of stock. Are you going to change just today or forever?" I said, crossing my arms on my chest.

He look shock at what I said. It took him some minute to regain his shockness. He sigh. "I don't know what's happening to me. Suddenly, I want to change for a second then, going back to court Gorya again. I feel changes in my body and emotions. I'm not that Thyme who is cold for everyone, not that Thyme who is ignoring them. Since I met Gorya, my life change" he said, looking down.

I sigh. I understand him. I met a guy before that similar to Thyme's condition. I've helped him in any way I know. At the end of the day, he fell in love with somebody who got transferred in their school.

"Love is patient and kind. It takes time. If you love somebody, you need to have patient and wait for him/her to say his/her answer. You cannot buy love, Thyme. You need to work to get the love of him/her. I get that you want her soon, but you need to wait. Don't ever give up or else she will be stolen to someone. And is she really your forever?"

THYME'S POV

'Is she really my forever?'

This was the word I'm asking on my mind. Kavin's words hit me like a truck.

"If one day, you realize that she is not the one, just come to me for advice. And if someday, she reject you. Find another because you deserve better" I look at him. "Don't lose hope. I'm sure she likes you very much. Just trying hard to get" he added.

He pat my shoulder and smile at me. I'm still looking at him. I don't know what to say. He is good with advising people.

"Thank you" I smile at him. He smile back. "Welcome. Just remember we are he for you" he said. "Now, let's go. Our class is starting" he put his arm on my shoulder. We started to walk.