Chapter 13: avoid then keep

It's been a week when they shared their first kiss. To tell you the truth, both have been distancing with each other, not like before. The others see it, it's not like they are blind not to finally see it. MJ been questioning Kavin but he just snob it.

Thyme. He have many reasons to not go with them when they are inviting him to go to the club or mall. He even much focus on courting Gorya. During lunch time, he just avoids Kavin like he is a thin air, same with Kavin.

"Kav, want to come to the mall?"

Right now, they are eating their lunch. As usual Gorya and Kaning are there. Even Calix are there. "I can't. I need to go to London tonight" Kavin said, drinking. "Huh? Why?" Dew ask. The others in the table are interested why Kavin decline. "Works" he just laugh and continue eating. "How 'bout you, Calix?" Dew asked. "He's not available. He is going with me" Kavin answer before Calix.

MJ is confused, hearing what Kavin says. "Why? Did dad know about this?" he ask. "Yes, and besides, he's my new partner" Kavin said that made the other agree. "Seems like it just the two of us" Dew put his arm on MJ's shoulder and pat it.

Meanwhile, Thyme hearing this can't help but frown. How in the world would they be partners? Like how can that snail sticking on Kavin entered the group of MJ's Father. Yes, he calls him snail cause snail is sticky and he is always sticking on Kavin when they meet. Everytime.

"Oh my Gosh, Thyme. That poor water bottle" He snapped out on his thoughts when he hear Gorya. He look at his hands and see the water bottle that his clenching. He let go of it and leave in there making everyone curious.

"Woah! What happen to him?" Dew said, watching the latter walk away. The people on the table shrug while one of them somehow know what's the problem. Later, they go back to what they are doing.

Meanwhile, an angry man went to a haven to make himself calm because his head has been ranging from anger. He is frowning while thinking about these two people. He wants to kill the other while he wants to put the other one in his house and lock him there so that no one will get him.

He can't understand himself anymore. He has been crazy for him and for Kavin. All he wants is his attention, his soul, his mind, and his heart. They are all his. He swears to God that he is his.

'All mine'

He said and smirked.

_

kavin pov

After the kiss, me and Thyme are avoiding each other. Well he started it first so I follow. To tell the truth, I don't know what happened to Thyme that he kiss me. I must say it's not important at all but he stole my FIRST KISS. It's my FIRST KISS. I want to cry but I cant. I promise to myself that only the one I'll be wedded should get my first kiss but why Thyme.

I guess I need to pray because there are so many happenings around me. Plus I have a mission later. not an ordinary one but a deadly. Some might wondering why I enter this kind of work. When I accidentally saw my uncle, MJ's father, doing mission I've been thinking he was cool. It's like I want to be like him.

flashback

I was walking at the alleyway because my driver can't fetch me. At the very young age, I decided to be independent because I know that mom and dad are not always at my side. I'm singing happily when I see a familiar face.

"Uncle?"

I see him chasing two men. Then, a lot of bunch guys followed. To my curiosity, I follow them. I saw them stop at a very dark part of an alleyway. I was about to hide but then I yelp. I look up and see stranger holding my uniform.

"Uncle!"

I shouted, trying myself to be free from the grip of the stranger. "Kavin!" I try to reach uncle but the grip of the stranger is stronger. I feel my tears falling down when a gun pointed in my head. 

"God, kid, can you stop"

The stranger said harshly. I was afraid to make a sound and move because just one click of the gun, I'll be dead. 

"Chiren, don't do anything to that kid!"

I heard my uncle shout. The grip of the stranger named Chiren became tighter. I still cannot stop crying. "Uncle, please save me" I shouted. I'm shaking right now, I don't know what do I do. 

I scream when I heard a gunshot. I duck and I feel the grip loosen. I literally don't what happened because I immediately close my eyes when I heard the loud bang of the gunshot. 

"Kavin, are you okay?"

Uncle hug me, soothing my back for me to calm down. I open my eyes and look around me. I see Chiren laying on the ground, blood are gushing out. "I-I'm okay uncle" I said, looking at him.

flashback ends

That day, I've known what my uncle work is and the day I want to work in him.