CHAPTER 5

Published on:- 09 /08/22

--------------------------------------------------

A guard dressed in uniform opened the  big black iron gates of the mansion and Vikrant entered. Rimjhim followed him like a lost puppy. As she was entering she once again heard the same voice..."No... don't go ... don't go inside..he...he..he will ...he will kill you ", hearing this , due to fear a ear piercing scream left Rimjhim's mouth. The guard , driver and Vikrant stopped in their tracks listening to her scream . She looked towards Vikrant who was now coming towards her taking long strides . His face has hardened and palm was rolled into fist , knuckles almost turning up white.
Within a minute he was towering her  , " what do you think you are doing?", he asked.
' I ..I heard someone , sh...she..she was ..ahhhh", she hissed due to sudden harsh grip on her shoulders which was due to her husband.
" I am warning you. Don't you dare to create any scene here . You might not have any respect and dignity in the society, but I do have..", he said each and every word with pure hatred.
And pulled Rimjhim inside the mansion. Due to humiliation and pain Rimjhim didn't protest and let him drag her inside the mansion.

Vikrant entered inside the hall with Rimjhim and shouted ,"maa......maa...come here".
A middle- age lady entered the hall from one of the room which was on that floor itself. She was tall and has a serious look on her face . The lady was looking very familiar to Vikrant, so it was clear that she is Vikrant's mother.
The lady looked at Rimjhim with blank face and asked Vikrant," Is she the one?" , to which Vikrant only noded and make himself settled on sofa followed by her mother.
Rimjhim was still standing and was waiting for any of them to ask her something. She wanted to wish his mother but the  insult which she had got few minutes back was stopping her to take any further action, moreover he hadn't properly introduced her to his mother and his mother's strict aura was doing no good to the current situation. She decided to stand at her position only with head down.

"Mumma... mumma you are back yeah..." , suddenly a cute voice echoed in the house followed very small cute giggles . Out of curiosity Rimjhim turn her face in the direction of voice and she saw a chubby cute little boy no more than 4 years  old running towards her , behind her was a woman dressed in servants uniform holding a very tiny cute little baby who was looking around 2 years old . Rimjhim looked at her back to see if there was anyone standing  behind her so that she can move aside and make the way for kids to meet their mother.

She felt a tug on her saree , looking downward she saw the cute little boy standing there with one finger inside his mouth and looking at her with a bright smile on her face. "Mumma ...",  he said again and Rimjhim make her little eyes more little by shrinking them inside in confusion . Why was this kid calling her mumma. Again she heard someone blabbering ," momo..momo.." this time it was the little one in the arms of that lady who was now standing infront of her. Rimjhim was confused, whose kids were they and why the hell were  they calling her mumma.

" Dad you are best , you really bring mumma back . I love you . " said the 4 year kid in complete excitement. Rimjhim was shocked listening to him calling Vikrant dad . She looked towards Vikrant who was giving her a challenging look with one eyebrow raised up and then quickly masked his expression and gave  a small smile to the little boy.  Now, it was clear that he was the dad of the kids and  that means that he must have a wife too , but when he has a wife then why on earth he married her . Sudden anger blew inside her and she opened her mouth to tell the kids to stop calling her mumma. But..
" Look Kanan mumma is back ", said the kid this time looking towards the 2 year old .
" Our mumma is so beautiful na Kanan " , he said to his little brother with pure adoration and love,  looking towards Rimjhim. The word "beautiful" did something to her heart. It was the very first time in her twenty one year's old life that her ears heard the word " beautiful" for herself . It was first time she saw someone looking at her with such pure love and adoration.  The  2 years old giggles in response to his brothers compliment . The anger which just rose inside her , got settled listening to their words and giggles. The female servant forwarded little Kanan to Rimjhim, who couldn't stopped herself from embracing him in her arms. Kanan hide her face in her nape and started giggling. Then she said
," Kanan baba and Idhayan baba were waiting for you since last week ". "Oh so the cute one who was standing near was Idhayan and the one in her arms is Kanan who called her momo instead of mumma ", thought Rimjhim. She forget about the other two people who were watching her with their curious gaze .

"Mumma I made this for you", said Idhayan forwarding her a paper , she sat down in Indian style on the floor where she was standing without any hesitation and took the paper from his hand . She adjusted Kanan on her  right thigh who has already wetted the left side of her nape with his saliva  and then hold Idhayan's hand and settled him on her left thigh .

Rimjhim look at the paper which was not just a paper but more like a welcome card . "We missed you mumma", was written there in an extremely........bad handwriting . And then was written
"Welcome home mumma". Lots of balloons were made on the card and something else was also made which Rimjhim was unable to identify. She asked to Idhayan to which he produly replied," this is heart ...look mumma there are three hearts . This one is mine , the little one is of Kanan and this large one is of Dad ." Listening to word Dad she suddenly remembered Vikrant,  where is he ,wasn't he here she thought while looking around when he found him nowhere. "How can he leave when he has so many answers to give to her" ,she thought .
She saw his mother sitting on sofa looking at her with amusement. She asked ," Idhu did you forget to draw my heart" . Listening to this a sudden realisation hit Idhayan he became worried and stood up from his place and said , " Oh no how can I forget to draw your heart dadi ji , wait I am going to make it now ", with this he took the card from Rimjhim's lap and ran towards the stair but abruptly came to hault .

He came running back to Rimjhim and asked ," mumma you won't leave me na  the way you left 2 years back" listening to this Rimjhim went silent .
" Speak mumma"
" I won't"
"Promise"
"Promise"
"Pinky promise???"
"Pinky promise " said Rimjhim and with this she and Idhayan interwind their little fingers around eachother's making a promise for lifetime.

" Unknown to the fact that one day these kid's are going to be the biggest hurdle  in her escape from the cage of obsession "

First of all thank you everyone . We have crossed 400+ reads . I hope you are liking the book.

What are your thoughts on Kanan and Idhayan?

Now let me be a little bit more greedy. So, next update will be after we cross 800+ reads on the book. So , share it with your friends and fellow readers. Until then keep reading and take care ☺️.
                        Regards
                    Your cute writer
                       🌿