CHAPTER 7

Published on :- 08 /09/ 22

"So, finally you decided to come after making your husband wait for four hours "

Listening to his hard voice , Rimjhim's hand stopped in air and her breath stopped.

What is he doing here? Is he angry or what? Will he shout on her ? But it isn't her fault that she's late, the kids were so adamant to make her read bedtime story for them and looking at their puppy eyes she couldn't say no .

She felt someone's warm breath on her neck.

It still was pitch dark in the room , apart from a beam of light entering through the glass window there was no other source of light.

But she knew it is him, her husband.

His warm breath was making her nervous. "Are you planning to not reply ?", asked Vikrant and made her face him by holding her chin in his direction. It was when Rimjhim realised that how much he has to bent to come to her level.

"Speak Rimi " said Vikrant but this time with a very soft tone .

Rimi , yes this is what Vikrant has decided to call her.

Listening to the pet name that he has given her, blood rushed through her cheeks and she bowed her head.

This was the first time someone has called her or speak to her with so much love.

And this name ,"Rimi" was too much for her . No one has ever call her by this  name apart from "her".

"She" also used to call her "Rimi".
In the starting she was not very fond  of her new name but as the time passed she started liking it. Specially the way "she "used to say it .

He took her hand in his and made his way towards a chair near a small bed in that room.

Rimjhim noticed how perfectly her small hands were protectively in his  hands.  Like it was made  just for her His hands has engulfed the coldness of her hands. But this gesture of him hasn't only warm her hands but has  transferred a bit of warmth to her heart also.
Making himself comfortable at the chair, he looked towards Rimjhim and signalled her to sit....to sit on his thighs.

Rimjhim immediately rejected his command by swaying her head sideways.

She couldn't believe that how can he think of making her sit on his thighs. This was too much for her. It wasn't like that she was not attracted towards Vikrant. There was no doubt that Vikrant is a dangerously handsome man but just because he was handsome and her husband that doesn't mean that she will jump into his lap.

They hardly know each other. She first wanted to know about him then wanted to get involve romantically.

"Rimi come and sit " Vikrant said patting his right thigh with a little bit irritation , clearly indicating that he doesn't liked her denial towards his demand.

Listening the name Rimi again from him made her think about her decision again ignoring the tincture of irritation in his voice.

"Rimi , this name Rimi is so close to me and him being calling me again and again "Rimi " is making me kind of attracted towards him " , she was thinking but suddenly her rail of thoughts were broken when Vikrant pulled her towards himself, making her fall in his lap .

" I ordered you to come and sit on my thigh but you denied , so I make you sit in my lap ..do you understand anything Rimi ??" asked Vikrant while making Rimjhim sit in bridal style in his lap .

All of this happened so suddenly that before she could clearly listen his question , out of shyness she tried to hide her face in his chest which was cladded in a white shirt , upper three buttons undone. This action of her made her engulf the masculine scent of his body. He smells like "forest drenched in rain".

Vikrant tried to make her face him but when she didn't co-operate with him . So, he harshly grabbed her chin and made her face him.

Now, her eyes were looking in his pitch black eyes . "How can someone's eyes be this black. They were like curtains trying to hide some secret, a secret from the world, a secret from her" , she thought. But she ignored those thoughts and continued her inspection.

Vikrant noticed how her wife's face was completely red.

"You know what, dressed in this cheap red saree and with this round chubby red face of yours , you are completely looking like a red balloon that are sold by those roadside poor vendor's in 2 rupees ",he said with complete arrogance.

His words made Rimjhim forget about the warmness that he provided to her hands and... heart few minutes ago. But before she could completely make a meaning out of his statement Vikrant continued.

"But you are mine. Mine little red balloon not of any roadside vendor's."
and with this he dropped a kiss on her little fingers which were in the form of fist grabbing the collar of his shirt so that she won't fall of his lap.

This little action of him and his one word claim made her forget about his harsh comment and made her heart flutter. It was the first time when someone kissed her and with complete assurance call her his.

She started falling for him ignoring all the red signals and vibes  within seconds unaware of the storm waiting for her

"Why did you make me wait?" He asked again.

This time gathering a bit confidence she said ," I was coming but kids weren't allowing me , they wanted to spend some more time with me ". She replied timidly.

Vikrant pinched the bridge of his nose and it was looking like he was trying hard to stop himself from bursting out of anger . Unknown to this Rimjhim was too shy to look in his eyes so she was closely looking at fine hairs which were on his chest adding beauty to his masculinity.

"They are such a leech " finally Vikrant speak each word full with haterd.

Within seconds Rimjhim snapped her. head towards him and said ,"Hey, don't you dare to say anything like this to my kids" said Rimjhim partially angry listening to the noun he used for her kids .

How can he say something like this to kids ,she thought.

Listening to her hollow threat Vikrant looked at her with angered face making an eye contact with her and this time even Rimjhim also didn't back off but inside she was bit afraid of him.

Slowly his angered expression was changed into amused one which was soon replaced by a smirk.

"Are you hurt Rimjhim ..what do you want me to do.. apologize ??? By the way Vikrant Singh Rathore don't say sorry but if my little peacock wants me to say sorry then I can make an exception here" , he said.

"But she was unaware that this one sorry of him will make her apologize infinite times in future, but she will never be forgiven"

Next update after the book will cross" 3k reads" and 8 new followers.

You people know the drill.

Until then stay safe and keep reading.

                        Your cute writer
                        🌿