Treason - Chapter 3

ANTHRO TERMINOLOGY

BLASTER - MACHINE GUNNER

SCOPER - SNIPER

TOSSER - GRENADIER

'BUSHER - GUERILLA FIGHTER

BEHEMOTH - TANK

CHARIOT - HALF-TRACK

WHISTLER - ARTILLERY

-3 days later, Mindscape, Reigns POV-

Where am I? I can't see anything.

It's cold... I hear voices around me, some panicked, some downright scared.

I hear a hiss, and the voices start to scream. I hold my breath, hoping it will go away. Unfortunately I can't hold it long enough.

Suddenly, a sharp pain encompasses my entire body, I feel my body warp, and my mind go into chaos.

I snap awake, in a cold sweat. I keep Having that same dream. Night after night. I don't talk to anyone about it, They'll laugh at me.

P.A System: "Captain Reign Report to the General, Captain Reign Report to the general, Over."

Me: "Well, better get this shit-show on the road."

I get up, and slip my Uniform on. All Equipment we have is Looted off enemy bases. This one came from a North-Woodsmen Division that got overrun. Many Committed suicide to avoid capture.

I walk down the Hall, which is Covered in scorch marks and Bullet holes. Wounded litter the ground from the Assault on the South-Woodsmen Base.

I reach the Generals office, and knock. I hear a faint 'Come in' and enter.

Me: "Captain Reign Reporting for Duty!"

Leyska: "At Ease Captain, I have a mission for you."

Me: "May I ask what it is General?"

Leyska: "I need you to take The Prisoner, and Go into enemy lines. Hokstetter made it clear that there is no good cause to fight for on our side. And Because of that Im Surrendering to the Enemy."

Me: "Isn't that an act of Treason?"

Leyska: "Yes. But there's nothing worth fighting for on our side. What happens if we win? The Extinction of an entire race? Enslavement of Millions? At least the enemy has a chance to be good. The Prisoner proved that."

Me: "then why me? Wouldn't Colonel Webber be a better fit for the job?"

Leyska: "He's dead, shot in the head by a Scoper. And the Prisoner seems to trust you more."

Me: "... Alright general. When do we leave?"

Leyska: "Tomorrow night. The Prisoner was heavily wounded in his escape attempt. Doc said he took 3 Bullets before he dropped. If he had his armor, he'd of been able to take 3 maybe 4 more."

Me: "Roger. Should I bring a Field Kit in case he re-opens his wound?"

Leyska: "Yes. And Pray the enemy doesn't shoot on sight."