Frontline Frenzy - Chapter 6

-9:00 PM, Johans P.O.V-

The Convoy had halted at a clearing for the night, and I was currently sitting around a Campfire with Leyska and her Officer's Corps.

Leyska: "So, Lieutenant, What will become of us when we surrender?"

Me: "Most likely sent to a Prisoner Of War camp, and have a Trial for Warcrimes after the war."

Major: "Prisoner of War Camp? What is that?"

Me: "It's a Prison for Captured Soldiers, Luckily after the Disaster known as the Great War, the Camps- P.O.W Camps for short- were held to Scrutiny and rules were made that most nations agreed apon."

I grab my flask and take a drink, earning glares from the Officers.

As I lowered the Flask my arms was grabbed by Leyska.

Leyska: "What the hell happened to your hand!"

Me: "Huh? Oh my finger? I lost it to Shrapnel in Poland, an area in the So-called 'Beyond-Urals', it's been 7 Years Since."

Leyska: "Oh. They let you fight like that?"

Me: "Not the worst condition I've seen Soldiers fight in. There was an Englishman, I can't remember his name, But he had one arm and one eye. Earned the Nickname 'The Unkillable Soldier'."

Most of the Officers seemed Quite interested in what I was saying. If Leyska's Jaw dropped any lower, it would take a crane to lift It back up.

Me: "Anyway, I'm going to get some Shut-eye. Guten Nacht."

I walked towards the woods, where me and Freimann had set up a Foxhole. Freimann was already asleep, with his rifle nearby.

I lay down, and drift off to sleep.

-Reigns P.O.V-

I followed Johan into the woods, and saw him crawl into a hole. Why was he sleeping in a hole? I peeked inside and saw Him and Freimann Fast asleep. The Hole had a Lamp, Freimann and Johans Belongings, and... a book? I pick up the book and read the cover as best I could. It was in Johans Language, so I couldn't understand it.

 It was in Johans Language, so I couldn't understand it

(Field Operations and Survival)

I skim through the book, and see a lot of text, and a few Diagrams. I guess it must be a Manual of some kind.

Johan: "Mind Telling me what you are doing with our Field Manual?"

I drop the notebook with an 'eep!' and fall backwards, Johan catches me though.

Johan: "Woah! You alright?"

Me: "Y-Yeah, I thought you were fast asleep."

Johan: "I usually keep an Ear open, that's one of the reasons I'm still alive."