Chapter 15

Laney POV

I was like a thief in the night. I had my small duffel across my shoulder walking through the lonely streets of Atlanta.

"Need a ride baby?" Men hung out their windows and yelled at me.

I stopped at the bus stop and sat on the bench...lonely...and cold.

"Sis.." I turned and saw Jory walking towards me. She already getting on my damn nerves.

"Go home!" I snapped.

"Take us with you." I saw Christian walking out this alley.

"What?!" I yelled.

"Come on Laney. We all you got." Christian said. I don't like when he calls me that.

"Call me Mya." I frowned.

"Mya.. Laney.. whoever the fuck you want to be, just let me take you away." Christian begged. I reached out to touch his hand.

Soon as our skin touched, he vanished and so did Jory. That's when I noticed it was only just a fantasy. That's all it'll ever be.

"Are you getting on, Miss?" The bus driver said with his doors wide open. I grabbed my one luggage and walked onto the bus. I gave the bus driver my ticket and walked towards the back.

There was an old, white, drunk man leaning in one seat. A woman and her young child sat in another. Then there was this young teenage boy who looked like trouble.

I simply sat on the back row in the very back. I watched the few people that were on the bus once we pulled off.

"Got any change?" The old drunk turned and looked at me. I slightly frowned.

"No!" I snapped. All he gone do is spend my shit on drugs or whisky! Fuck out my face!

"Please." He stood up and began walking towards me.

"Get the fuck back." I quietly whipped my blade out without anybody noticing. He stopped on his tracks and began scratching his dirty face.

"You gone burn." He told me.

I'm gone burn?

"You just gone burn in hell like your damn grandma!" Mom snapped. I sat on the couch looking sadly as she fussed at me for no reason.

"You worthless. All you food for is that lil hole in the middle of your face!" She pushed my face as she left out.

"I'm gone what?" I asked the stranger as a whole different spirit took over my body. I saw red.

"All I want is some food ma'am." The man said.

"She said no." The lady with the daughter said.

"Now sit yo ass down!" The teenage boy spoke calmly. The drunk struggled back to his seat.

Just that quickly I almost caught a body over something petty.

I leaned back in my seat and looked out the window at the Atlanta lights. I'm gone miss the A considering the fact I left New York over four years ago to come here. This is like home now. I guess that's the con of being a fugitive.

The bus came to a stop at the next bus stop. Once the doors opened people began flooding the bus. I scooted to the corner and put my luggage on the floor.

"Hey." This little mixed boy came and sat next to me once the bus took off. I looked at him and looked around for his mom.

"Hey?" I said more as a question.

"You're pretty.." He smiled his little adorable smile. He actually made me smile.

"You're not so bad looking yourself." I squeezed his little cheeks.

"I'm Jamal." He stuck out his hand to shake.

"Jamal?" I said.

"Yea." He smiled. I slightly frowned. He had long braids like Jamal. His eyes were brown like Jamal. He even had that cute smile like Jamal.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Mya." I smiled. He began digging in his pocket.

"This is from a secret admirer." He handed me this folded up letter. I looked around but no one was looking.

I opened the letter and began reading it out loud.

"I'm a choosey lover... Bit I choose you. I thought I loved you once I first saw you, but I fucked around and got to know you. Now I want to grow with you girl." I closed the letter and Jamal was laughing.

"Someone likes you." He giggled.

"Who gave you this?" I smirked. He pointed to a boy slumped down in his seat with his hood on.

"Come on." I motioned for him to come with me. We stood up and walked over to the boy.

"Lover boy." Jamal blurted out causing me to giggle.

"Cute letter.." I placed the letter back in the boy's lap.

"Ooo. She really don't like you." Jamal laughed.

We turned to walk away but the boy grabbed my wrist. I quickly snatched away.

"What's wrong?" Jamal asked me.

"You bugging." I told the boy. He took his hood off and looked up at me. My heart began beating fast like it always did around him.

Christian.