Chapter 21

Laney POV

I lied on my stomach shirtless in this old motel. The bullet went straight through me. Christian got the first aid kit trying to clean and stitch the wound.

Jamal really ain't been talking since the shoot out.

"Turn over. I stitched up the back." He said. I slowly rolled over revealing the blood stain I left on the sheets.

He poured peroxide on it like he was pouring a drink!

"Fuck!" I grabbed the sheets in pain.

"You think anybody followed us?" He asked.

"Probably. We can't stay here more than two days." I shook my head. He got quiet.

"You know, this ain't my type of lifestyle. This is yours." He said.

"Well leave." I sat up and put my shirt back on.

"I love you too much." He said.

"I love you." I smirked. I scooted in closer to him on the bed and intertwined our hands.

He pushed my hair out my face and smiled. I don't know but he reminds me of Jamal sometimes. His touch, his lips, his choice of words.

"I'll never leave you alone." He promised. I could hear sirens. Jamal sat in the corner just staring.

Christen and I peeped out of both ends of the window trying to see where the sirens were coming from. They passed right by the motel going towards the house.

"Louisiana in the morning." I said. Christian and Jamal both nodded.

*

I ran my hands through my hair as the sun began to rise. Jamal was in the bathroom and Christian was shaving his hair.

I put my shades on and turned towards Christian.

"What you think?" I asked.

"Got any for me?" He asked. I tossed his some.

"And take the nose ring out. Its a easy give away." I said. He nodded.

"I was thinking. Don't you think Jamal is dead weight. We don't need responsibilities right now." Christian said. I stared at him through the mirror.

"He don't have family, Christian. That's fucked up for you to say." I frowned.

"Think about it. We have to keep up with him and ourselves. We ain't got time for that. You ain't got time for that!" He pressed the issue on.

"Well you explain to him that he can't keep following us." I snapped. I can't tell that child that. I wouldn't even feel right.

"Come here, Jamal." Christian knocked on the bathroom door. It eased open by his touch.

"Jamal?" He peeped around the corner. He pushed the door open I saw the curtains flowing from the raised window.

"Nice move Christian. Now he gone." I pushed him.

"Better for us." He put his shades on and grabbed the luggages.

"Let's just go before I get mad." I grabbed the money luggage and we headed out.

We threw the luggages in the trunk and went to our sides. I decided to drive this time.

I looked around one last time to see if I could see Jamal. No trace. It was like he was a ghost in the wind.

I got in and drove off. I turned the radio up to listen to the news. All they talked about was me and Christian killing all those cops. I found it kind of amusing.

Christian POV

I listened to the radio and stared out the window. I wonder how my family feel about this. This probably sounds cliche, but I love Laney for who she is.

"Don't be over there crying and shit. Don't bitch out on me!" She snapped.

"I'm not." I shook my head. She laughed.

"You a square ass nigga, Christian." She said.

"This is totally different from living rich and lavish like I was." I shook my head. She is a cold blooded killer. I used to watch documentaries on sociopaths like her. Now I'm riding for one.

"It'll get eased the next three times." She shrugged.

"Third time?! Ain't that's why you running in the first place! Stop committing crimes!" I snapped.

"I am. I refuse to go back to prison also." She said straight up.

Laney POV

Fuck wrong with him?! I thought he understood me and who I was. I should have known a nigga like him wouldn't understood a fugitive like me.

"Ain't nobody gone hold you down like me." Jamal said as he blew the smoke from his blunt and I counted our money.

"Think so?" I smirked.

"They won't understand you." He said straight up.

"We got 20k." I put the rubber band on the last stack.

"We good." He smirked.

"We are." I lied back and lied my head on his shoulder.

"Want to go home?" I asked him.

"Why would you go home when they're looking for you?" He frowned.

"I'm talking about you." I punched down on the breaks stopping.

"Stop acting like that. Everybody ain't against you, Laney." He frowned.

"I would understand if you was alone, no family, no money, or something. But you ain't got no motherfucking reason to be doing this!" I unlocked the doors. He stared at me.

"Go! You're not like I thought you would be anyway!" I frowned.

"Like what? Jamal? Jamal ain't here and I am! And I ain't going nowhere unless we go together!" He said.

"Shut up and go before we get caught cause you acting stupid." He shook his head and looked out the window.

"You passed." I smirked.

"Passed what? Seeing how ignorant you can get!" His smart mouth ass said.

"Nah. You a true ride or die." I started back driving.

Jamal was wrong. This nigga holding me down more than he was...almost.