Chapter 32

If you can't find nothing to live for you best find something to die for

-Tupac

Laney pov

"I hate you!" My mom screamed once she saw Jory's dad on top of me. I cried as she cried.

"Mommy." I ran to her to hug her but she pushed me down on the hard wood floor. I felt my ankle twist in a funny way. I sat there holding it and rocking back and forth. I hollered for dear life.

Why does she think it's okay to come back in my life? She brought nothing but hell to me. I tried to look past it but it only made me more bitter. It made me furious. I felt like I had nothing to live for. That was until I met Jamal.

"Hey." He bumped into me on purpose at this block party. I mugged the shit out of him as he smiled.

"Watch out, B." I was speaking in my New York language.

"Nah, you watch where you're going." He said smoothly. I don't even know him. I turned my nose up and turned away. I was chilling with some girls I know from around away and I felt him bump me again.

"Look bitch-" I was cut off when I saw him smiling.

"I'm Jamal." He smiled. His smile instantly swept me off my feet.

That was long before we ran to Atlanta. Jamal gave me a reason to live again. We had a reason to live again. I remember he would tell me how his parents died and left him with his aunt. She was on drugs so he basically raised himself. The streets raised him. He started pushing weight in the Bronx area. Meanwhile I'm in Harlem getting fucked and abused. I wish I had more time with Jamal.

I feel bad now because I'm sure he doesn't want me with Christian. Christian has my heart though. Christian makes me want to do right. He motivates me. Jamal had my heart but he only made me want to do the bad things he did. I do have my own mind and yes I chose to run shit with him.

I never once thought I would be some doctor or lawyer. I never saw myself going to college or anything. I did what I was good at. I robbed people for what they had. I didn't rob just anybody. I robbed banks, businesses, anybody that looked like they could benefit me.

One day Jamal and I robbed this business for their military computers. Fuck no we didn't want the computers. But if you knew how much those computers were worth you would rob them too. The only thing I regret is the lives we had to take. I didn't plan to kill anyone but I didn't plan to go to jail neither.

"What are you thinking about?" Lil Jamal pulled me out my thoughts. We sat in this lonely hotel room watching Aladdin. I wish I could be like princess Jasmine. This bitch ain't got shit but a fine ass nigga to worry about. And she think she stressing.

"Nothing." I lied. He just stared up at me.

"You miss Christian?" He asked. I nodded. No need in lying. I miss that goofy ass boy. He so square but that's what attracts me to him more. I love him.

"He's going to get out." Lil Jamal assured me. I looked down at him.

"Says who?" I asked.

"Says that man that was standing in the window watching us." He said. What man did he see? I mean the guard was in there with us.

Christian pov

I sat on the yard on top of the table watching everything. I saw niggas was getting out the way for Jamal. He got mad respect round him. He had this other dude on the right of him. Buddy looked like he had a couple bodies on his belt. He had this huge scar across his face and he was looking mean. He had the same teardrop that Jamal had on the right side of his face.