Chapter 28

I always tell the truth even when I lie

-scarface

Christian POV

"Look kid we can get you some help." The bartender begged.

"Help? Help?!" I exaggerated.

"Only help I need is helping me find Laney!" I yelled. I could hear sirens outside the club. I assume someone called the police.

"Laney Cole is free." The news reporter said. The look on all of our faces were priceless. I shot my head up to the tv and saw Laney and Jory walking out of court with the heads down hiding from cameras.

"What the fuck?!" The lady said in shock.

"Well I'll be damned. Georgia just let one of the most notorious thugs and serial killers go! Prepare for the riots." The man next to me shook his head and sipped his bear. I was too shocked to say anything.

"I'm slick baby."  She smiled and looked at me through her mirror.

"How slick?" I laughed.

"I can make satan himself believe my lies." She smirked.

"She did it." I said to myself. I got up and rushed towards the door but was met by the Miami PD with their guns pointed towards me.

"Drop the gun slowly and lie on the ground!" They yelled.

"I just want to go." I begged.

"Three!" They began counting down. I slowly put the gun down and fell to my knees.

"I was only-"

"Shut up!" One man came and cuffed me. He pulled me up and threw me in the back of the police car.

I feel like they gone give me the time that they never could give Laney. And that's fucked up.

*

I sat in my new cell staring at the walls. This isn't for me. This for them people you see in them hood movies.

"Hey." A voice whispered. I looked up from the cell across from me. It was a boy that looked to be a few years older than me. He had a cut underneath his eye and his body was buff like he been in here for years.

His pants were baggy and his muscle shirt was barely on his buff body. He had his hair braided back and three tear drops under the other eye.

"Wassup." I managed to get out. Ian trying to be nobody's bitch in here. He stood up and moved closer to his cell door.

"What you do?" His deep voice mumbled out. I really ain't interested in talking to him. He looked like trouble.

"I was on the run with this girl I know." I dropped my head in embarrassment. He laughed slightly.

"That shit ain't fun is it?" He smirked.

"No sir it's not." I shook my head.

"I remember I used to do that type of stuff. Had this one bad female on my side. But the streets eventually took her down and here I am. Changed my life around too." He said. I felt more comfortable when he said that.

"To be honest this isn't me. But I'll do anything to be with that girl. Anything!" I exaggerated. I thought about Laney.

When she did smile it was brighter than the Easter morning.

"You feel the same way I felt about my girl. I literally put her in this shit. Now she dead and I'm doing 50 to life." The guy shook his head.

"Say.. What you was running for?" I asked out of curiosity. He looked up at me and I noticed he had small wounds on his chest almost like bullet holes.

"Robbed a couple of banks and killed so many innocent people. I was a hot boy in them streets." He shook his head in disappointment.

"Word? That sound just like my girl's situation." I said. That's odd.

"For real? What's your girl's name?" He asked with a curious look.

"Laney Cole." I said. His mouth dropped and he fell back on the wall in shock. Don't we all when we hear that name.

"Yea I know she too rough for me but I love her." I said. The guy didn't say a word. He stared at the ceiling like a lost person.

It's getting late and my eyes getting heavy. Sort of like my mind. I should take it in and make a call in the morning.

"Stay up mister." I told the guy. He looked at me with a look I never seen. It was a mixture of curiosity and hurt.

"It's Jamal." He said.