Chapter 26

I will hold your heart and your gun

Laney POV

"What the fuck is this?" I frowned at the papers detective Holmes dropped in front of me.

I sat in his office talking about my court date and shit. He really giving me some bullshit because this paper don't say my date till May... OF 2017!!!

"This bullshit!" I tossed the papers in his face.

"You ain't making it no easier for yourself, Laney! Your bond is 500,000 and the bell bondsman was talking about dropping it if your behavior improves. It ain't been but three weeks and you already had three fights and stabbed two girls! You well on your way to the electric chair!" He threatened.

"I thought yall was gone do that anyway." I sipped the water he gave me.

"I came through for you." He smirked.

"Okay so they not gone kill me they just gone give me life in prison." I rolled my eyes and shook my head. You gotta be kidding me. That ain't coming through, that's finessing me.

"I talked to a lawyer for you. Ever heard of Gina Macintosh? She's the best lawyer for your situation." He said. I looked at him suspiciously.

"So this bitch qualified? I don't want a unprofessional bitch! I need her to know what she got and get what she need." I said straight up.

Detective Holmes stared at me a long time. Almost like he was studying me.

"Okay Laney." He began writing in his journal.

"And make them get that sex symbol shit off of the news!" I frowned. He laughed.

"That ain't the end of it baby girl. Journalists and directors want to turn your situation into a move/book. I think they called it 'On the Run'. Think they talked about letting Jhene Aiko play you." He laughed at the last part but I think it's not funny.

"She don't know me nor look like me." I said.

"My daughter looks more like you than she does." He laughed even harder but I still didn't crack a smile.

"The fuck so funny?! You been drinking or something?" I asked.

"You still gotta repay me." He leaned in staring at my breast through the jumpsuit.

"I got you if I get 5 years." I said.

"What if I could get you no years?" He raised his eye brows. Now we're talking about something.

"Keep talking.." I squinted my eyes at this man.

"My wife specializes in forensic science." He said.

"What the fuck that got to do with me?" I frowned.

"She can get them dead bodies off your name. All it takes is tweaking a few files. That would only leave you with robbery. That'll get you bout 10 strong.."

"I thought you said no years!" I cut him off.

"Shut up and let me finish. Now we can say Jamal was the mastermind and that'll get you with accessory. That's bout 5 years. Now all you got to do is go in with good behavior and you'll be outta there before you know it." He nodded his head because he knew he had a million dollar plan.

"That's clutch! You really making moves." I told him.

"Just pay me back." He said.

"I'm not giving you any sexual favors." I said straight up. He nodded understandingly.

"What about snitching." He said. I laughed. I actually laughed.

"I ain't snitching on no fucking body. You might as well take me back to my cell." I stood up out my seat waiting for him to escort me out.

"That's what's wrong with you people like you. Yall rather keep your loyalty to the streets rather than help yourself. Jamal and Christian would want you to snitch." He said. I looked at him crazy.

"Don't say shit bout Jamal nor Christian! Yall ride they dick more than I do! And I ain't snitching because Yall don't know the rule of the streets! Ain't nobody gone protect me and my family when I snitch! Oh but Yall gone have what Yall want!" I rolled my eyes.

Fuck outta here with that!