Chapter 37

Christian Pov

I stood at the bus stop waiting on the bus to come. The first stop I wanted to make was Laney's house. I can almost feel her gentle touch caress my cheeks.

I missed you, Christian

Her voice echoed through my mind. I knew she was waiting for me somewhere, somehow. Then there was this feeling that she had already moved on.

Boy, that made my stomach turn. I took a seat on the lonely bench as i continued to wait on the slow Atlanta bus. I've never been fund of this transportation committee. They're trash!

I looked down the long stretch to finally see the bus approaching. I've never been so ready to get on the bus ever in my life. I mean I have even dreaded going to school on the bus. I felt like I was too much for the bus. That was until my parents gave me my first car when I was 16.

Jamal Pov

I sat on the couch watching shorty count her money. This how it use to be back when we were running together.

"You know, I've thought about going back to school." She looked up at me to notice I was staring at her.

"Do what you do, B. I ain't mad at you." I told her. She smirked and looked back down at the money. She's the only thing that has ever looked better than a million dollars. She looked even good counting a million dollars.

"Hey Laney, I got word." That chick came out the back room with lil shorty. She looked like she was shocked. Laney looked up like she knew what was up. I think I'm the only one that was lost as shit.

"I want word." I said. They both looked at me.

"Christian is back!" Lil homie jumped up and down.

"Look Jamal-"

"Naw it's cool. I understand if you need your space. I just needed a spot to lay my head for a second. I can catch a bus to DC and then New York.

"Hell naw. I aint letting you catch no bus. Just sit tight." Laney stood up and walked in the other room with the chick. I forgot her name that quick. It's Lia or Lina or something like that.

"Say shorty." I called lil man. He walked over to me and leaned on my leg.

"Yea?" He asked so innocently.

"You love Laney don't you?" I smirked. He nodded.

"Well tell her that I love her and she know where to find me if she need something." I stood up and lil man looked sad.

"You leaving too?" He asked sadly. That made me sit back down.

"Yea. Christian coming back and there won't be any room left for me."I told him.

"You gone live with auntie Lori?" He asked excitedly. That's shorty name.

Hell naw

"Nope. Auntie Lori stays in Atlanta. I stay in New York." I tried explaining to his young mind.

"You bullshitting. She fine." My mouth fell to the floor. Buddy went from zero to a hundred like out of nowhere.

"Why you cursing?" I asked a dumb question. He shrugged and turned to the door which was now being knocked on.

Laney and Lori came running from the back. They literally tore the door down trying to open it.

"Move Lori. I got it." Laney begged. Lori moved and let her have her way. Laney took a deep breath and fixed her hair. She slowly opened the door and was picked up off her feet instantly.