Chapter 23

Laney POV

"The fuck you need that was so fucking important?!" I asked the housekeeper once i freshened up. This bitch was sitting on the couch like this was her crib.

"Boss says not to leave a room without giving them their towels and things." She shrugged. I could slap this bitch.

"Do I look like a damn fool?" I squinted my eyes at her. Christian quickly grabbed me and pulled me away.

"Thanks for bringing the stuff." He told her, signaling her to leave. She got up and quickly left.

"Mean." He glared at me.

"Want me to be nice to this mysterious ass bitch? You crazier than I thought." I began walking to the other room.

"Sorry that I'm not as paranoid as you!" I could hear him following up behind me.

"You need to be! Your fucking face was on CNN! You need to get down on both of your knees and thank god that you ain't dead right now!" I snapped. He must think he still living rich and lavish. He looked at me like I slapped him in the face.

"You always mad! That's why you in this situation now! Always acting dumb!" He slightly pushed by me but i cocked back and hit him on his head. He turned around quickly in rage.

"Don't push me before I fuck you up!" I yelled. He hovered over me and looked down on me like I was an ant.

"Try me!" He said through gritted teeth. I pushed him in his chest and grabbed my hoodie. I left out the room and down the hall. I had to leave before I shot Christian's ass.

I finally reached the elevator. I pressed the down button and jumped on the elevator quickly. As it was about to close, a hand stopped it. A man in a police uniform stepped on. I looked down as he stood next to me. Only God knows how nervous I was.

"Don't you think it's sort of too hot in Louisiana for a hoodie?" I looked at him and saw him pointing at my hoodie with a confused look.

I don't want to talk because I don't want to fuck up. So I simply laughed.

"Cat got your tongue, pretty lady?" He began flirting with me. If it's one thing I hate it's when the pigs try to flirt with the inmates/convicts.

"Low iron." I said sort of deep. He chuckled and looked straight ahead.

I was so thankful when the doors opened to the first floor.

"Nice talking to you." He stepped off and left. I stepped off and went to the lobby. People all around me seemed so happy with life. They smiled like they had no problems.

"You lost?" One of the bellboys approached me with a goofy grin.

"No." I said sternly.

"Well you're looking around like you're new to the boot." He chuckled. I stared at him for a minute.

"I said no." I slightly frowned. He laughed and scratched the back of his head.

"You look familiar actually." He squinted his eyes at me. I can't get caught! I can't afford to get caught!

"I'm a floater in banks." I partially lied.

"No I saw you on tv!" He said. I was about to walk off but he grabbed my arm.

"Laney Cole." I whispered. I snatched away.

"That's an insult! My name is Mya Johnson!" I tried to sound shocked but I could tell by the look on his face that it wasn't working.

"You're the most wanted woman in America!" He said in disbelief. I took a deep breath and sighed.

"Wassup baby?" Christian came and snaked his arms around me. I've never been so glad to see him!

"This boy seems to think I'm Laney Cole." I looked up at Christian like Help Me! He simply laughed.

"Well that's an insult." He chuckled.

"And I saw your face too!" The boy pointed to Christian. People started staring at us.

"Please lower your voice. You're making a scene." I begged the boy.

"It's Laney Cole." I heard people whisper.

"We gotta go!" I panicked. Christian and I ran back to the elevator and to our room.

"Hurry!" I panicked as I grabbed the money bags.

"Here!" He tossed me a gun.

"What you want me to do with this?!" I asked confused.

"We got to split up, Laney! I promise we gone be back together." He said never looking up at me. He tucked his gun in his pants and slung a sack of clothes over his shoulder. I felt hurt and lonely, instantly.

"No, Christian. I love you." I grabbed hold to him like we were never going to see each other again. I felt his tear hit my shoulder.

"Stop being a punk." He sniffed as he wiped his tears. I looked at him and kisses him.

This felt like the beginning of the end