Chapter 1

*There is a picture of Laney*

Laney POV

I'm sitting in the police station with my legs shackled and my hands cuffed. It's a beautiful day to go to prison.

I looked around the empty interrogation room and saw nothing but a two way mirror.

Oh, let me properly introduce myself. I'm Laney Cole. The notorious Laney Cole of the East coast. I've been on the run for eight months now and the NYPD finally got hold to me!

"Laney Cole," a detective walked in holding a clip board. He sat across from me, staring in my face. I ignored him and stared at the two way mirror behind him.

"I have every right to throw you in prison and throw away the key," he said.

"So why aren't you?" I looked him dead in the eyes. He frowned slightly.

"You have no heart Laney Cole. And one day you will rot in hell just like your boyfriend," he said with a devious smirk.

"You know I love you no matter what right?" Jamal said as we packed our things in the hotel. Police were right outside the door.

"I love you too." I kissed him and grabbed my luggage.

"Till death do us part." He said.

Once he said that, the door kicked in and police rushed through with guns.

"Run Laney!" He yelled. I slid out the third floor window like a thief in the night. I ran as hard as I could away from the hotel. I heard six shots round off like it wasn't gone end.

My baby Jamal

"Don't talk about him!" I snapped. He laughed an evil laugh.

"You're looking at life Laney!"

"Give it to me then! What are you waiting for?" I started shaking trying to get loose but it wasn't no use.

"I'll be back." He collected all his papers and stood up.

"I won't be here," I said. He laughed as if I was joking. Once he closed the door I grabbed a hair pin out my hair with my cuffed hands. I began fiddling with it in the hole and it popped open. I quickly tried to get the shackles off but they wouldn't.

I tried hitting them on something hard to break the chain but it wouldn't work. I could hear talking outside the door so I had to move quickly.

I did the unthinkable and sat back in my chair with my hands under the table as if they were cuffed.

The detective walked back in with a folder. He sat across from me and opened the folder.

"Here is a timeline of all the mess you and your boyfriend left behind." He slid the pictures to me. There were pictures of all the people we ever murdered, all the coke we had in our hotel room, and all the money I left behind once they killed Jamal.

"I don't recognize this," I said with a straight face.

"Bullshit Laney! I caught you in action!" He got close in my face. My blood started to boil and my temper went from 0 to 100.

"Get out my face," I said through gritted teeth.

"Do something about it Laney Cole! Do something!" He yelled in my face.

I grabbed his neck causing him to gag.

"You killed my fucking boyfriend!" I crossed the table and sat on him, still choking him. His pale face started turning red.

"Oh the poor officer can't breathe?" I cooed. He reached out and grabbed my hair. That's when I snapped his neck causing his body to go lifeless.

Blood was now all on my hands and clothes. I grabbed his gun from his side and peeped out the door.

Everyone was too busy on their computer and doing work that they hadn't noticed I was walking right out the door.

I stepped outside into the heat and began walking down the street.

I'm back