Bilbo x Reader Pt 2

Bilbo had woken up to the feel of you not in bed. Figuring you went out to the market or something similar, he got up and to take a look around to see if those darn dwarves were still in his home. To his surprise the house was quiet, a little trashed but quiet nonetheless. 

Looking around he began thinking if they were gone that means that the quest had begun. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Bilbo where are you going!"

One of the people you both knew asked him with the long paper he had signed in his hands flowing in the wind as he ran. Bilbo being oblivious he hadnt realized you might be heading home. 

He ran straight past you and with a realization of who it was you immidietly dropped the basket you had in your hands and spun around to see your husband running blind into the woods. You began to chase after him filled with fear, why didnt he tell you he was going. 

"BILBO!"

Before you could catch up to him enough you twisted your ankle and fell to the ground at this point Y/f/n was trying to help you but instead you pushed them away and tried to get away. Only to fall on the ground once more hurting yourself more. 

Tears filled up your eyes as you just watched as he left you behind. He hadnt even tried to find you to tell you he was leaving was he planning to just leave you in your sleep the whole time.

~Timeskip~

It had been almost more than a year since Bilbo had left. During the time he had gone you had gone into a state of sadness and depression you missed him so much even though you always wished to leave the shire to see everything you missed your regular life in the shire, with Bilbo. 

That day when you twisted your ankle it began to happen more often twist after twist you never knew when you would collapse, that was when you spent so much time with Y/f/n. They knew how sad you were. At this point you didnt know if Bilbo would ever come home.

meanwhile Bilbo during his quest you was all he could think about he wondered if back at home if you were safe?, were you mad at him for not saying anything?, do you still love him?

It was a quiet afternoon you had just finished up cleaning the dishes when you felt the strange need to go outside, you never went out much especially after Bilbo had left. 

You wipe your hands on your apron and walk outside, the bright light from the sun hitting your eyes was strange. You close your eyes just absorbing the energy and feel of the outside world when you felt a presence you weren't the only one here anymore. 

You open your eyes to see Bilbo walking up to your hobbit hole with a smile on his face. Tears immediately well your eyes you didnt know whether to jump into his arms or yell at him. You examined him just a little more to make sure he was real and here and that you werent going crazy, sure enough it truly was him.

"Bilbo..."

"Yes"

You start crying and you start walking faster towards his direction with an angry feel in your footsteps. 

"Where on middle earth have you been do you know how long ive been waiting!"

"Uh I-"

He didnt get a chance to respond because he soon found you back in his arms once more. You were crying so much you didnt think Bilbo could take it anymore. Once he got you to calm down a little more you led him inside.

"So you couldnt have told me"

He sat down next to you surprised did you mean about the quest. 

"What do you mean"

"You know exactly what I mean! I told you that whatever you chose to do all you had to do was tell me and id be right by your side and yet you just left without a single word and ignored me when you ran right past me and even after I went running after you"

You began to hold back tears afraid you had already cried enough

"Love.."

He carelessly wrapped his arms around you and pulled you closer. Saying sorry would only make it worse the best thing he could do was just hug you and never let you go again...

"i love you so much ok im sorry i didnt tell you and I dont wanna say sorry but I am Ive worried you so much"

You pulled back slightly to look at him 

"I didnt think you were ever gonna come back "

He shook his head and smiled. Kissing the top of your head he stood up.

"You know what lets not worry about this anymore ok we can go back to our old life and be how we used to"

You stood up next to him about to say something when you started feeling yourself collapse again. Luckily he noticed and held onto you 

"hey hey hey love are you alright"

"yea im fine just this happens all the time" He looked at you concerned and frankly more guilty 

"What do you mean it happens all the time"

"Ill explain later I just need to rest"

A smile appeared on his facial features and he carried you too your bedroom. He sat you down and climbed into the sheets next to you. You began to tell him everything about what has happened since he was gone but nothing could replace the time you now have with him.

He was in your arms again safe, he was alright he was here now and you can go back to they way things were before. Because now realizing it, it wasnt so bad. 

That night was the first night you had slept in a long time without having to worry about anything. You both cuddled up so close nothing could come between you now. Not a wizard, no dwarves, no quest, no dragon. Nothing just you and him once more.