Pippin x Reader

"If Im not going then your not going at all!"

You said blocking the way of the stable doors from Gandalf and Pippin. You didnt want to leave Pippins side not now, after what happening last night with the eye of Sauron. Pippin just had to be so curious. 

"Y/N! we do not have time for this we must leave at once"

"Not without me your not"

Merry rushed over to you trying to pry you off the door so they could leave but you just wouldnt budge. Without a word and clearly no more patience after what Pippin had done Gandalf put you on his horse and the three of you were off. 

~Timeskip~ 

The meeting to Denethor did not go well, telling him about his sons death made him full of guilt and turned against the idea of helping during this upcoming war. Which was not a good thing you began to worry, especially since Pippin had then offered his services to the king. 

Pippin tucked you into one of the beds provided in your stay in Minas Tiriith. Soon waking up you heard Pippin head to the other bed, pretending to still be asleep you decide to listen in.

"Do I uh actually have to fight, this is all just ceremonial gear right?"

You could feel the pain in Pippins heart he didnt want to do this at all. He just wanted to go back home, run around with Merry and you. Maybe cause a bit of trouble in farmer Maggots crops. He just wanted to go back home, and so did you.

Pippin joined Gandalf on the balcony and they talked, they were out of your rnge of hearing so you waited a little while until you went out to see Pippin. Minutes passed when you just couldnt go back to sleep and you were intrigued. 

"Pip love, are you coming to bed" You say from peering out from the corner steppign onto the balcony 

He directed his attention towards you taking his arms of the railing. 

"Oh um yes give me a second ok"

Instead of going back to bed you join Pippin by his side and turn to Gandalf. 

"Gandalf would you mind giving me and Pip a moment"

Gandalf nods and walks into the room giving you two some space. You looked over the thick railing of the balcony barely being able to see over it but one thing you could see was the Volcano, Mount Doom. 

"You ok love"

He nods but it wasnt very reassuring, you took his face in your hands and lifted it up so he could meet your eyes. 

"You cant lie to me Pip whats wrong"

"I just dont want to do this"

You kiss his forehead and pull him into a hug. He rubbed your back. 

"Y/n this isnt what I promised you, not even a little bit"

He pulled away from you gripping your shoulders ever so lightly. He seemed surprisingly calm yet just so sad 

"Y/n I promised you a nice happy quiet fun full-filling life not all this danger and traveling and war thats not what I promised you"

It took you a second to think "Who said I wasnt happy? Pip this may not be what you promised me but this is what I promised you, to never leave your side and go through everything with you"

He chuckled and kissed you 

"Yea I know....im sorry im so lucky to have you. Lets go to bed"

With that he led you off to bed tucking you both under the sheets with occasional kisses. Cuddling close you soon fell back to sleep peacefully.