Merry x Reader

Pippin, You, and Merry were messing round in the Shire once again annoying anyone you could by 'accident' . One you had all been done and tired Pip had the great idea to go rest down in the woods near the river. 

"Ah that feels so nice"

You said dipping your feet into the edge of the water. Merry sat beside you while pippin climbed a tree to rest in it. Which was perfect for you it may have given you a chance to confess your feelings for Merry.

As clueless and stupid as he was he always knew how to make you smile, now was the perfect time to confess, it was quite a romantic scene as well. Wasnt quite sunset but it was setting just enough to have the orange/pink tint in the sky perfectly hitting the river water with the trees slowly blowing in the breeze. 

"You know Merry we should all stop getting into trouble so much"

"Yea but whats the fun in that, just living a normal boring life no thanks"

You chuckle and look at him. Damn he was so pretty especially when he was calm. Your hand slowly reahced out to touch his 

"Y/n what are you doing" he said whispering looking at you as if he was panicked 

All you could do was shrug feeling like you had made a mistake makign a move. Merry looked around to see pip fast asleep. In a panic and quite heartbroken manner you slowly move your hand away. 

"Wait!"

Merry exclaimed grabbing your hand once more and slowly intertwining your fingers. You were about to scream out of surprise Was this really happening? 

Silence fell as you just watched out into the river. Until he broke the silence

"I love you"

"W-what"

You could immediately felt your face get hot, frantically looking at the boy by your side looking away trying to hide his face. You lean closer and plant a kiss on his cheek. 

"I love you too" 

He looked back at you and greeted you with a smile. 

"Ewwwww gross save it for when im not around"

You both look behind you quickly to see pip behind you two ready to leave. Chuckling you both got up and walked back home hand in hand.