Frodo x Reader

This story was requested by @almostgabrielle GAHHHHHHH im excited for this one I love it 

Kayleigh, Sam, Merry, Pippin and most important of all Frodo all trudged through the mud and grass on the way home. 

She couldnt be more happier to see Frodo back to normal, the ring drove him absolutely crazy and to see him destroy it was the most relief she had felt in her life. Once the five of them all arrived back in Hobbiton they all stared in awe.

It hadnt changed a bit and everyone was so excited to step back into their home. Wishing everyone off one by one Kayleigh and Frodo reach his home which recently before you all left, had become her home too. 

Both standing in front of the door she looked at it reluctantly.

"You ready" she asks turning to Frodo 

He turned his head towards her and nodded then taking hold of the doorknob flung the door open. Both stepping inside they took off their bags and as frodo was looking around to see everything in place she quickly engulfed him in a tight hug

~Timeskip~

A couple of years passed and Kayleigh couldnt be happier to be home. It took long to adjust and realize they were all home but nonetheless it was a relief.

It had been almost 2 years since the incident at Weathertop where Frodo would be scarred for the rest of his life, emotionally and psychically. 

Frodo was laying on the couch while Kayleigh was in the dining room spreading out maps and books when she heard a wince of pain from her boyfriend and she quickly walked to the living room 

"Frodo love are you alright"

"Uh yeah yeah im fine" He said clutching his shoulder where he had been stabbed many years ago 

He sat up in hopes the sudden pain would go away. Kayleigh rushed to his side sitting beside him. The pain grew and it only grew into the same pain he had experienced many years ago. 

"Frodo stay right there ok"

She ran off to the kitchen to get something as she heard Frodos screams of pain. Soon she came rushing back to his side with a small bucket of water and a rag. She quickly treated to his shoulder being careful not to make it hurt more. 

Kayleigh dabbed the wet rag to the scar on Frodos shoulder as he winced at the sudden temperature. Then she took something out of her pocket and crushed it between her two fingers. 

Applying the mysterious substance on Frodos shoulder, he then realized what it was. It had been the same herb that Aragorn used on him many years ago.  After applying it to his shoulder and patching it up the pain slowly went away after many hours. 

And not once did Kayleigh leave her boyfriends side. She kept one hand placed on the back of his head ruffling his hair, no matter how tired she felt she stayed up and awake for Frodo. 

After those many hours had passed Kayleigh was still there. 

"Thank you love I dont know what id do without you"

"You would probably die" she said sarcastically, the two both laughed 

"Yeah yeah I probably wouldve, but um where did you uh get that" He said pointing to the herbs sticking out of her pocket that she had used on Frodo 

"Oh um Aragorn gave me quite a bit some years ago and he told me to make good use of it"

Frodo smiled as he melted into Kayleigh's touch once again. He then pulled her down to lay on top of him, nuzzling his head into her hair as she lay her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat. 

"Ready for bed now"

"Yeah im super sleepy" frodo chuckled

As she slowly fell asleep from the countless hours of none, Frodo made sure to take care of his girlfriend this time, keeping her warm and combing his fingers through her hair and whispering so many 'thank yous' to her. He couldnt be more grateful to have someone as amazing and caring and Kayleigh.