The Stalker

Four

Several Years Ago.

The look on his face conveyed a lot of emotions, his hands massaging his legs, his body language showing a sense of fear

The look on his face conveyed a lot of emotions, his hands massaging his legs, his body language showing a sense of fear. But his heart was pounding with happiness, and in his mind; he was engaged in preparing a vicious plan. With a thrust, he pushed the chair, which stood in front of him. It landed in the corner of the room. He stopped massaging his legs and stood up.

The room was filled with utter silence. He was familiar with it. He had lived his life as an introvert. Never had he interacted with anyone, nor had anyone asked him the reason behind his silence, either. A lot of rumours always kept flying behind him, he never cared. Human beings acted as if nothing bothered them, but the things they tried to ignore, keep coming back and haunted them.

He was no different from the others, he was a simple boy, but complexity laid in his past. He had never desired to remember his horrendous past, but the sadistic part of his life, it always kept coming back. He had tried to forget everything but none of the techniques helped him. No one knew of his whereabouts, he had enveloped himself in a tiny room, away from the rest of the world.

When he was 8-years old, he was forced to stay in a small dark room, with no supply of food or water. His father was an escort owner who sold women to satisfy people's sexual needs. One day, his father forcefully dragged his wife into the business. He tried stopping his father, but his voice was always met with deaf ears.

Inside that dark room, he never sat with sadness or anger. His face never expressed emotions but the pain he had inside his heart was inexplicable. For seven years, he was harrowed, insulted, and molested. He willingly wanted to absorb more pain. Darkness had possessed him, controlled his mind, made him weak. Thoughts of ending his life came with time. Suicidal feelings gripped him but the pain didn't make him weak, it injected something unnameable inside his head, which was deleterious. With time, the pain became a source of strength. He absorbed the pain and transformed it into something perilous.

Luck finally struck in his eighth year of affliction, and he was rescued by the police with eighteen escort girls. He was transferred to an NGO for his education. His father was put behind bars. He testified against his father, which guaranteed lifetime imprisonment.

Anyone would have been happy to be rescued from a dark cell, but he had started to miss it. Nothing seemed to appease to him. Sitting in the brightness in front of a teacher gave him no pleasure. He was missing what he had left behind. In the middle of this situation, his mind had stopped working; he stopped conversing with others and decided to live his life on his own. Soon, he became an introvert whose ultimate aim was to be alone and happy.

One day, in the 80s, he saw a man mishandling a woman from his window. They weren't strangers to him. He had seen them several times from the window of his house. Whenever he saw them, they seemed quite happy, going out for dinners, having guests over, he considered them as a happy family. But that day, it was an anomaly, something he hadn't expected to watch from the window of his house.