Breaking The Codes

Twelve

22nd March 2003

8:15 A.M.

Rays of sunlight forced him to open his eyes. He saw Catherine staring right at him, with a bewitching look on her face. She was already awake, and her eyes demanded lust. Akash lay bare-chested, comfortable in a fluffy blanket. It was 1 A.M when he mutely climbed up the tree and jumped inside her window, which like always, was open. She was working on the case and had gasped at Akash's sudden appearance. Before she could complain or react, he pushed her towards the wall and his lips were on hers. They hadn't pleased each other in a whole month, and that desperation showed on Catherine's face. One night was not going to be enough.

Akash stretched his arms and let out a long yawn; he chose to ignore her. Before he could stand up, she jumped on his thighs and sat upright on him, seeking attention. Both of them stared at each other for a long time. A few seconds went by and they could no longer resist, advancing towards each other like wild beasts. She scratched him roughly on his chest while he bit her cruelly on her neck. He longed for her jaggedness and she missed his sweet fragrance. She tried to leave various marks of territory on his body to sway him against the bloody SHO, but he resisted and grasped her long blonde hair in his hands.

********************

8.40 A.M.

They were both exhausted and laid in each other's arms, half-naked

His eyes were on the study table, where Catherine worked. 'Don't overwork yourself, you'll get tired.' He said to her. 'I made a mistake and I have to deal with it.'

   'Maybe your source wasn't trustworthy.' He said.

   'It was someone we both know. I can't reveal his name, but I'm ready to make an exception for you.' She said, kissing him on his cheek.

   'Giving me intel right away now, are we?' He asked sarcastically, and she nodded.

    'Well, that would make you a good friend, but it would make me an even better detective if I got it out of you.' And they both chuckled.

    'And how exactly are you going to do that?' she asked, taunting.

    'By warning you to brace yourself for round two.' He announced, and jumped on her, she laughed and surrendered herself to him.

There was a sudden buzz on Akash's phone.

   'Paul.' He said, sighing with frustration. There came a hurried voice from the other side. Akash looked shocked.

   'I understand. I'll be there shortly.' He said and ended the call. Before she could ask anything, he started dressing.

   'Any emergency?' she asked and he nodded. She hesitated for a moment and then finally asked him,