Siddharth Agrawal

Twenty-Two

All the authorities lined up in the tiny cabin, saluting the CBI. The DSP was impressed with Mr. Khatri's contacts, but somewhere he was also filled with envy, as he wanted to take over the information and pass it on to the Superintendent.

CBI officer Siddharth Agrawal stepped into the station with one of his juniors by his side. Each precinct from Shimla to Delhi knew about him. He had been successful in solving numerous complicated and unsolved cases in the region. He was a very sharp man, in his mid-thirties. He always knew that he would, one day, become a top rank officer, better than his father, it was in their blood. Unlike other officers, Siddharth relied too much on human psychological behavior, and this psychology paved way for him to reach his current position.

   'I thought I would be the only uninvited guest here.' Siddharth Agrawal said, looking at the DSP and all the others. 'Looks like I was wrong.' His voice was lenient.

   'Fortunately, sir, we were also informed about The Stalker's return. Thanks to Mr. Khatri here, he informed us about the SHO's little games.' The DSP responded. 'She hid important details of the case from the department. I was just about to pass a suspension order on her.' Siddharth raised his brow in response and glanced at Syna.

   'Officer.' He called out.

   'Yes, sir!' Syna retorted.

   'I suppose you didn't have the authority to disclose confidential information with anyone, not even your department unless deemed fit. You owe me an explanation.' The atmosphere suddenly changed in the cabin. All pairs of eyes stared in wonder, at Syna.

   'The information was confidential, it was discreetly discovered behind my back by one of my juniors, Mr. Khatri.' Syna pointed at Mr. Khatri and gave him a dominant smile.

Mr. Khatri's posture immediately slackened, he couldn't just grasp what had just happened. Siddharth gave him a hard stare, demanding clarification.

   'I-, with all due respect sir, SHO Syna avoided working with her department, that is us, and took arbitrary decisions, without informing any of her moves-'

   'Is she liable to answer to you? Or do you have a more superior rank?' he asked.

   'Of course not, sir! Eh, but you see-'

   'That's disobeying your senior, now I understand why you were transferred.' He said and turned to the DSP.

   'Same goes for all of you gentlemen, how can you suspend an officer without looking into the roots first, this isn't something that I'd expected from the likes of you all.' The authorities lowered their heads, few of them glared at Mr. Khatri in anger.

   'I beg your pardon, sir. But I'm in a bit of confusion.' The DSP stated, Siddharth gestured him to go ahead,

   'Does this mean that SHO Syna had informed about The Stalker to the authorities?'

   'She did. As soon as she found out about The Stalker's involvement in the case, she informed the CBI directly. And I had asked her to take the bait and engage with him by herself.' Siddharth responded, with compassion. 'She was acting under my direct purview, and it was I who asked her to keep it confidential. But thanks to some of you, it didn't quite go the way we wanted it to.' The DSP was startled with fear. A few minutes back, the same group that acted like a pack of hungry wolves, now looked like a flock of sheep sticking together.

   'I shall entertain you no further. However', he looked at DSP again. 'We shall talk again soon.' Siddharth gestured to all of them to leave the cabin and motioned Syna to stay. One by one all of them left, leaving Syna, Siddharth, and his junior inside the cabin.