The Raid

Thirty

2 hours to the chase

Akash glanced at the backseat. It was the same seat that he had occupied a month ago, when he was following Dexter. He thought it wasn't the right time to disclose his condition with Mr. Khatri to Syna, why spoil the happy moment.. Death hovered over him, following each step he took, each direction he looked. He looked at Syna, who looked pleased as she discussed her wishes regarding their future. He had boldly declared in front of her that the chase would end in three hours.

   'Why have you become so brooding?' She startled him from his thoughts.

   'I am trying to think.' He said, peeping outside the window.

   'My brother's lead makes sense, Akash. Initially I deduced a similar outcome, but I feel maybe we are wrong, maybe they are the same.' Akash looked at her bewildered, and Syna understood that her change of ships had taken Akash by surprise, but that's how cases worked.

   'Does your suspect match with the description of The Stalker? Six feet tall, dark figure?'

   'Maybe.' He replied.

   'Those shooters were "The Boss'" men, that's similar to the Rank 1s of The Stalker's organization.' She tried to justify. 'And the warehouse used by "The Boss" is nearby the address from the letter.'

   'He could be his partner? Maybe one of his Rank 2 guys, or maybe he knew The Stalker.' This got Syna in a muddle once again, Akash knew she was munching on the possibility of "The Boss" being a former partner of The Stalker and carrying out murders in his name, but Akash already knew the game was much dirtier and deeper than that.

*******************************

He drove right behind the bus, following its route, taking sharp turns. His orders were unusual this time. Normally, they would say "Shoot on sight", but this time the mission was to pursue, observe and then shoot at the right timing, with a special gun. 7 P.M. Until then, there was to be no discovery of his presence. He was one of the best hitmen of "The Boss", nicknamed Falcon.

Falcon had been warned about the situation, two of his colleagues were already caught at one of their warehouses. One of "The Boss'" associates had warned him that this mission might lead him to the same warehouse, which was under investigation. Falcon was advised to shoot the target under favourable circumstances. If push comes to shove, then even engage with the target to lure him into a hushed area, and then carry out the orders.

Falcon wondered about the special gun that was with him; he was unsure as to what the mission had to do with such a special gun. Was it a warning to someone? He had heard rumours about The Known-Unknown's suspected identity, and his blood started racing faster than the speed of his car, in excitement at the thought that he was possibly working for a legendary man. He had promised to give his best at every mission henceforth, to earn his name in the organization, "The Monopolists".

 He had promised to give his best at every mission henceforth, to earn his name in the organization, "The Monopolists"