The Aftermath

Twenty-Four

23rd March 2003

11:37 A.M

   'I understand. To be honest, I never saw this coming as well-' Akash informed David, whose blood was boiling with anger and fear. Akash knew that the news about The Stalker would create havoc, and would also completely crush David. David sobbed uncontrollably over the public pay phone, while talking to Akash

  'Why? Why did he choose my home, my party, my happiness to play with?' He cried, and Akash kept trying to console him.

   'Brother, trust me.' Akash began. 'I, too, have several unanswered questions. I feel miserable that despite being a detective, I am unable to catch him.' He confessed.

   'I don't understand why he spared me.' David thought. 'These reporters and officers are all over my house, visiting, taking pictures, and asking how I feel about the murder. It is disgusting, they are misusing my home as public property. And, and Jeel? What about her? I feel she is in danger, too; she was not the culprit.'

   'About that, David, considering how things are moving along, I feel it would be in your best interest if you handed Jeel over to the cops.' Akash suggested. 'I would advise you to talk about this with your lawyer and reach a decision soon, understand me?' David answered in the affirmative, and ended the call.

Akash grabbed his jet-black hair in frustration. After the involvement of the CBI, the DSP and the scholars from all in the case, Akash felt helpless. Like a small child whose presence and ideas won't be heeded any more, 'for what is a sheep in front of a lion?' He said to himself. He also wondered why Syna had lied to him and Dexter about not informing the authorities. Maybe he couldn't trust her. For the first time in a very long period, he was afraid.

****************************

The broad Summerhill region was filled with reporters, media, journalists, detectives, scholars, and cops. The authorities had gridlocked all the entrances to the Summerhill area. Various politicians maintained their presence at the significant places of Mysore colony, and offered their condolences to the suffering families.

David's villa had become the centre of attraction. All the significant people visited him and tried to console him by saying, "It was an unfortunate event", "God help you". All of this was just adding more pain to David's memories. CBI officer Siddharth Agrawal was now the lead taker of the case. He shared all the confidential details which Syna had handed to him, with the important officers and well-known detectives.

   'An interesting fact is that the world got to know about The Stalker's return on the same day his last accomplice got executed

   'An interesting fact is that the world got to know about The Stalker's return on the same day his last accomplice got executed.' Siddharth discussed with his officers. The Known-Unknown was back in news again, on the same day when Abort Hazer, i.e. Mark Hallows was going to be executed, leaving no evidence behind. A fresh start of nothingness.