A Breakthrough

Twenty-Six

24th March 2003

8:00 P.M

Mysore Colony

A cold breeze swayed in the direction of the bungalows. Leaves were dancing with the strong wind, and ultimately accumulated below on the earth. Dexter hurried towards Akash's villa. He wasn't able to make it to the secret meeting on the previous day, as the pressure from his superiors was immense. He rubbed his freezing hands to warm himself from the chilling atmosphere.

He held the dummy file close to his chest. It was the copy of the same file over which Siddharth Agrawal had had a tiresome discussion with detectives and officers, and he'd found the clue to be very credible. Dexter was anxious to present the theory he had just heard at the department to their secret group. He rang the bell in a hassled manner. The door opened and Akash greeted him, he quickly paced inside, reaching the safe zone.

   'The reporter seeing me here, is that a bad sign?' He asked, handing Akash the file. To his surprise, Akash was in his shorts.

   'We are already dealing with matters much more extreme.' He scoffed. 'Found anything from those quotes?' He asked, scanning him from top to bottom.

   'Yesterday we thought we were close, but today, no luck.' He sighed. 'You look tired.' Dexter said, and Akash straightened himself instantly. They walked upstairs. Dexter was excited to meet Syna. He enlightened Akash, on the stairs, the contents of the file, and expressed his instinct, which said, 'this is it! This is the pattern or at least it is the right thing to look for! Upon reaching the top room, he saw Syna tying her hair. He felt something was fishy.

   'It's good to see you again.' She said smilingly. 'The feeling is mutual, ma-'

   'You can call me Syna. I am not your senior. For now.' She chuckled.

   'Dexter believes your brother has almost found the pattern.' Dexter shot Akash a look of astonishment.

   'You-, You know?' He stumbled. 'Her real identity is Syna Agrawal?' Akash simply nodded.

He was shocked when he had read one of Syna's documents which had fallen out of that envelope, mentioning her surname. It was easy to link the dots and conclude that she was Siddharth Agrawal's sister, after all, she had gotten so many permissions for all the high-profile works. Syna looked at the file and gasped.

   'Akash, can you guess which quote they were working on?'

   'Zodiac Killer?' Syna nodded, and they quickly sat within the circle of documents surrounding them.

********************************

Himanshu Savla blew the light which illuminated from the miniature candle at his home. He deliberately avoided using electricity to throw off suspicions from the trailers keeping an eye on him. He had read the newspapers, as well, and hadn't hoped for the news to be so avid. His efforts ultimately bore him the biggest fruit he'd craved for, vendetta.

He brushed his beard and took out his gun from the bag once again, gazing at it blankly. His body aligned with his feelings, and this time, didn't quiver on the knowledge that it was maybe about to commit a murder! A cold-blooded murder, that ran through its owner's mind for quite a while now.

Himanshu stood up and looked at himself in the mirror. Although the room was entirely dark, he cherished the silhouette of his reflection. Feelings are more important than sights, he thought. He had prepared himself physically to forsake Shimla, and shift elsewhere after his vendetta. But his memories made him struggle mentally for the decision.