Jeel

Twenty-Seven

David's Villa

11:32 P.M.

Akash contacted everyone he could to find out about the whereabouts of his cousin. Fear strangled him at the thought of losing his brother, Not him! He is the only one I have now! He gritted his teeth in anger, and decided to report David missing before something unbearable could happen to him. Dexter informed over the phone that a report has been lodged but it's not possible to take action right away, as most of the officers were surprisingly absent. It would take at least seven hours before they could begin their search.

It had been more than three hours since Akash had arrived at David's villa. He kept enquiring around with the neighbors, tried contacting his business partners, but to no avail. David's lawyer, also, arrived at his villa, and tried all possible ways to get in touch with David. Suddenly Akash saw David's lawyer gasp over the call, he pocketed his phone and looked him in the eye.

   'With me, Mr. Akash.' He said, grabbing Akash's arm, but Akash didn't budge.

   'Where is my brother?' He asked, his stance rigid.

   'Trust me, I am as desperate as you to find David.' He said, and Akash slowly loosened his resistance.

   'Listen, I talked to one of my contacts.' The lawyer spoke in a low tone. 'David's fine.' Akash heaved a sigh of relief.

   'Well, where is he?'

   'Well.' The lawyer said, swallowing his breath. 'He's made a mistake and is heading toward an unknown direction, for god knows what reason. We have a few good people trailing him, though.'

   'What do you mean good people trailing him? Tell me the location, I'll follow David and bring him back.' He yelled.

   'Mr. Akash, relax. I cannot disclose that, but you need to trust me, the point is David is safe! My contact will take care of that.' Akash breathed on him with anger.

   'I don't understand, why should I trust you and your contact with my brother's life?' He asked, fuming at him.

   'Because, wherever he is headed, it may help us get to the culprit, it may lead us to The Stalker!' And Akash calmed down for a minute, grasping what the lawyer said.

   'If something happens to him.' He declared, in a threatening tone. 'I'll never forgive you.'

   'Sounds good to me, let's wait until midnight for a response.' The lawyer said.

******************************

12:57 A.M.

Somewhere near the hills