Chapter- 6

Marc

"It's okay..." She says, "congratulations! I'm super happy for you."

"You're not upset?" I ask her.

"For what?"

"The cafe will be... shut."

"No... I'm happy."

"But... don't you love the place?"

"Oh leave it! Let's focus on the positive part, I like the cafe and you also wanted it, this shows that we're so similar." 

She's... so understanding.

"But there's difference. I love that place and your love that cafe." I argue.

"Umm... I guess you're right, I love the cafe, but that's completely fine."

I feel like calling Stephens and cancelling the deal. Though I want it, but I cannot take something  that she loves from her. Instead, I feel like giving her everything... everything. 

"I want to ask you something." She types.

"Ofcourse." I quickly reply.

"What... about the roleplay?" I read her message and an involuntary grin surround my face. 

I completely forgot...

"Oh... it quite slipped my mind!" 

"Really?" Her message indicates the astonishment. 

"Umm... I'm sorry." It's better if I apologise, "When should we do it?"

"Anytime..."

"How about tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow?... Why not today?" I glance at her message and my eyes widen, she seems so eager to do the role-play, I feel elated.

Naomi 

Shit! What was the need to reply that way? That sounds so desperate! Holy hell... what do I do now? 

"I mean... okay... whenever you're free." I quickly type, in an attempt to rectify whatever I'd done. 

"Actually... I'm going to New York and will return tomorrow" 

"Oh... for a vacation? And... why such a short visit?" I'm confused.

"Not for vacation, for business."

Silly me!

I keep my hand on my head... how can I be such an idiot? Who would go on a vacation for one day? 

"Oh... okay." I don't have anything to say, I've already humiliated myself enough.

"Yep. So, I'll talk to you later, I gotta go, leave the city."

"Yeah, sure." 

"Is eight pm a good time to commence the role-play tomorrow?"

"Yep... absolutely."

"Okay, bye."

"Stay safe." I reply and immediately doubt what force made me type those two words... 

"Sure... :)" He answers.

I log off my laptop and think once again about the 'stay safe' line, I'd never said that to anymore, before, then... why now?

The next day, I wake up and hear voices of John, Jess and Elena, "We're not telling her, do you understand?" John orders. 

"What are you guys talking about?" I ask rubbing my eyes off the sleep.

"Shit!" Jess exclaims and John quickly stands infant of the laptop screen they've been peeking at, in an attempt to block my way. 

"What are you guys hiding from me?" I ask.

"Nothing." Jess answers.

"We... were just watching the news, and... now the head...headline is over, so I suppose-"

"We should switch off the laptop." John continues Elena's line.

I narrow my eyes, there definitely is something fishy. I suddenly hear the journalist's voice. 

"Now, the Breaking news, Marc Raymond, the youngest billionaire's life is in danger."

What?

I almost freeze at the announcement. What the hell was she talking about? Why? What happened to Marc? I tremble... what is going on? 

"What did you do? John scolds Jess.

"Guess I accidentally pressed the play button." She says putting her hands on her forehead. 

"God!" John frowns, "Switch off the laptop, right now." She orders Jess.

"No, wait!" I exclaim and run towards the laptop table pushing both of them away. I need to know what the hell is going on!