Chapter- 7

Naomi

"Marc Raymond met an accident today morning in New York at around seven. He doesn't have any serious injuries except for the one on his head. The doctor say that there's nothing serious except for one thing that he's still unconscious. The unconscious might be because of the shock, according to the doctors."

The reporter's voice was the worst news I ever heard. It's been two days and those words of that damn reporter are not ready to leave my mind. I go home from my class and switch on laptop to watch the live updates. "How was your day?" John asks me and Jess.

"Bad..." Jess replies, "do you know, today she was not able to reply to the teacher's question."

"Really?" John looks at me, astonished.

"Yeah, today was the first time I ever saw her like that... speechless in front of the professor." Jess explains.

"That's quite hard to believe." John says disappointingly.

I really don't care about any of it, right now!

"Why the hell is there no news about Marc?" I complain.

"Naomi, you haven't slept properly from two days, you're beginning to lose your beauty." Jess reminds me. 

The headlines say, "Marc Raymond in Hospital". What the hell... I know that, how is he? Is he any better? That's what I want to know... 

"Naomi!" John screams.

"What?" I exclaim.

"What's the problem with you, do you realise that you're deteriorating your health by behaving this way!" 

"I don't care, John, all I care about is Marc's condition. I want to know whether he's fine or not." My eyes well up. I switch off my laptop and hold my head in both hands. 

"Naomi..." John sits next to me, her hand on my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me, "he'll be alright, trust me."

"But... what if... he never comes back to consciousness?" Goosebumps surround my body.

"Naomi, he's a celebrity. I'm pretty sure that world's top doctors must be busy treating him." Jess comments, "Don't worry Naomi, he'll recover very soon." she comes and hugs me.

The week has been hell exhausting. Marc is still unconscious and I feel like I might soon be in the same condition as him. I have been completely out of touch from my daily routine, including studies. John, Jess and Elena keep reminding me to not traumatise me, although their words don't really influence me. I feel like I've started developing a mental disorder... depression, maybe.

 I wake up on Sunday with the usual terrible headache, which has been consistent from a few days now. 

"Do you want some coffee?" Jess asks me.

"Yeah." I'm not habitual of coffee mornings, but my head hurts and I need one right now, my brain might explode otherwise. 

After about an hour, I switch on my laptop and take a few deep breaths before opening the current affairs. 

"What about your online boyfriend, Naomi?" Elena asks.

Holy Crap! I complexly forgot about him... we were supposed to have a role-play together a week ago!

I realise that he hasn't texted me since he went to New York, My heart drops... 

Where is he?

The reporter's voice diverts me, "Now something about Marc Raymond, fortunately, he's back into consciousness. His condition is quite stable, and he has recovered quickly. There seems no danger to his life now, according to the doctors. It's a moment of relief for all his fans."