Chapter-37

Marc 

"Marc, what happened?" Naomi asks anxiously. I recall that dark night, I still remember it, glass clear. Ah... and it still hurts, to think about it

"Her father gifted her a beach house on her twenty-fifth birthday. We... consummated our relationship, on the night of her birthday." I take a pause and look at Naomi. This time, she looks at the ground. She does not want to hear about that, I know. Even I don't want to remember any of it, I only want to keep the sparkling memories of last night and wipe off everything else from my mind. "A... week after her birthday, she called me at her beach house. I had a busy schedule that night, so I told her, I won't be able to come. But then... I did get free on time and... decided to surprise her." 

"And?"

"And..." I close my eyes, "I went to the beach house, but... didn't know, that it was... a really bad idea." I open them, with all the painful memories of that night. 

***

James pulls the car infront of Felicia's beach house. I wanna see the look on her face when she sees me, I grin at the thought. She'll be surprised and really happy. I open the door and climb out of the car. 

"Sir..." James calls me. 

"Yes?"

"Sir, I'm not sure but... I think Ms. Greene is on the terrace and there is... someone else too." He says stammering nervously. I've never seen James nervous. I look in the direction of the terrace and I see them, James was right, there's someone else too. It looks like a man and they're standing pretty close. 

"I'll go see, he must be some friend." I say confidently. As I am about to walk further, James stops me again. 

"Sir, I'm not sure but I think they're... kissing." My eyes shook up in the direction and... damn!... he's right. Every word he says is one hundred percent correct, they're kissing... proper kissing! My mind is unable to comprehend what my eyes view and my heard shatters into a million pieces as if he understands everything that my brain cannot. I sit back in the car, I'm incapable of viewing the scene any further. 

"You're right, they're kissing." I whisper. James looks at me apologetically, his mouth dropped open. I force myself to look at the terrace again from the car window. They're still kissing, she's is in his arms... I can see each and everything very clearly now. Is she having an affair? 

"James..." I say. "Can you park the car somewhere they can't see us, but we can?"    

"Yes, sir." He says and starts to move the car, my gaze is fixed on the terrace. I see their each and ever action. My mind is flooded with various questions . How long have this been going on? Why did she do this? It means I had to share her with other guys, unknowingly... when she had me to herself... all of me! Why... Why? I feel like my mind will burst. God...! 

Suddenly, they both vanish from the terrace and after a minute or two, the front door opens. They both come out in their swim suits and run towards the ocean. I watch them for an hour which feels like my whole life. My whole body is numb and I don't know what to say or do, my mouth is dry, my heart beats fast and probably that's the only sign of life left in me. I see them coming back from the sea towards the house. 

Now what? Are they going to... have sex now? And all I am doing is... sitting in the car. I try to calm myself down and decide to talk to her face to face. I want to know why she did this, why she cheated on me. What wrong did I do to her? I want to confront her.