Chapter-28

Naomi 

"You told her everything about... us?" He asks me.

"Yep... she saw our pictures together." I say smiling.

"Oh... so, did she accept me?" His question makes me laugh. 

"Can anyone deny you?"

"You never know." I hear him smiling.

"Yes... my boyfriend, my mom accepted you." I tell him.

"So, what did you decide about your return ticket?"

"What?"

"I;m asking when will you be back?" Oh dear... 

"Umm... I've told mom that I'll be going back after two weeks." I tell him stammering. 

"No... that's not happening." He tells me straight forwardly.

"But Marc-"

"Naomi, I want you back after this week." 

"Marc... what will I tell mom?"

"You have already told her about us, so, what's the problem, now?"

"But... you know I've come here after a long time, and I don't know when I'll come next."

"Fine, you can stay for ten days... not more than that." I'll have to end this conversation, I can't come before two weeks. Although, I want to, but I can't upset mom... neither him

"Marc... can we decide on this later? I'll try to come as soon as possible, I promise." 

"But when?" 

"We'll decide that together."

"Fine."

It's been a week since I came here to Boston and Marc has been repeatedly asking about my plans of returning. I always tell him that I'm not aware because I'm still not able to decide whom I can manage to upset. I relax in the garden with earphones in my ears, my phone buzzes and I know it's him. 

"Good morning." I answer the call.

"Good morning, girlfriend." He says in his usual tone of sweetness. "How are you?" 

"I'm good. What about you?"

"I'm fine." 

"Why not good?"

"Not without you... I can't be good when you're not around." I sigh at his answer, he really wants me to come back... he needs me. After telling me about his schedules for the day and what he did since morning, he asks me the same question... again. "Naomi... when will you come back? I'm not able to manage without you any longer." 

"Marc... I'll be back-" 

"I don't want to hear 'soon'... I want you to tell me in exactly how many days you'll be back."  

"I... don't know." I say in a low volume. 

"Okay, then... pack your stuff, I'm booking your flight ticket for tomorrow." What? 

"Uh... I'll be back next week." I quickly answer his question.

"What? You're going to stay another week?"

"I... guess so." I say nervously.

He sighs, "Okay... as you wish." He says and I know he's mad at me... really mad. 

"Marc... I-"

"What's your schedule for the day?" Oh... he wants to distract the conversation? Good. "Are you planning to go anywhere?"

"Umm... yeah, maybe for lunch, mom and I will go to the nearby restaurant." 

"What's the name?"

"I don't know, it's some sort of a diner." 

"Okay."

"Are you mad?"

"No."

"It seems like you are."

"I have to leave for a meeting, I'll talk to you later. Enjoy your lunch." He really is... very angry... oh dear

"Thanks." I whisper sadly before he hangs up. He didn't even say bye

I take out my books and go through some notes. There's no message from Marc, he must be busy in the meeting. I decide that I'll talk to him once he calls me after finishing his work. What if he isn't texting because he's angry? 

After about two hours, mom tells me to get ready for some outing. 

"Where are we going?" I ask her.

"We'll go for some shopping, first and then have lunch." 

"Okay."

I change my clothes, I decide on blue denims and a white top with flats. I brush my hair and apply the lightest lip colour possible. There's still no message from Marc. Maybe I should call him? But... what if he's in the meeting. A meeting does not usually last three hours. I dial him to inform that I'm leaving with mom, "The number you're calling is currently out of reach." The voice on the other side says. What? 

It's been almost five hours since we talked and his phone is still not reachable. I've started to worry, now. Where is he? A meeting doesn't last five hours. Mom clicks her fingers in front of face, bringing my attention back to where we are. 

"You're lost, is anything wrong?" She asks.

"No, nothing much."

"Come on, you can tell."

"Marc's... phone has been to of reach from a few hours."

"It's okay, he must be busy."

"But... this has never happened before."

"He's a very busy man, Naomi... prosperity never comes without hard work." No doubt, Marc is very hardworking. 

"Yeah, right." I say and continue to drink my beverage. 

"Why don't you try the cocktail?" Mom asks me.

"You know I don't like alcohol." 

"But why?"

"Because... I don't believe it's a good thing to get intoxicated, also I don't like the taste."

She laughs, "That's because you don't have the habit of it."

"Whatever, I don't want to be habitual of not so good things."

"What are your plans after you graduate?"

"I'll take up a job somewhere."

"Somewhere? Why not Raymond Enterprises?"

"No, not there..."

"Why? Was it not a dream of yours to work there?"  

"Yeah... but Marc's my boyfriend, now. I don't want my boyfriend to be my boss."

"Why?"

"Because... I don't want any extra privileges, I want to work in a regular work setting and not where I'm privileged." 

"I see... but then, will you give up your dream?"

"That's okay, mom... I think... having Marc is no less than a dream come true." I say blushing. I look at her and notice a trace of shock on her face. Why is she shocked? Marc has always been my crush... she knows that. "What is it?" 

"Marc Raymond." She mumbles. What?

"Mom... what are you saying?" She repeats her words and a sudden thought enters my mind, is Marc standing behind me? Oh My God! 

I turn my face and my eyes meet the most intense and beautiful green eyes I've ever seen. My mouth open as I see him. 

Holy shit... he's here!